Meetings

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's all passed quickly and the first weekend in January, Rory was sitting in get grandparents living room with her mom, Luke, and Leah.

"Mama, that" Henry said and pointed to Leah.

"Who is that?" Rory asked.

"Baby"

"He's talking a lot lately" Emily said.

"You guys don't even hear most of it" Rory said. "He says bubbles, cheese, more, he can say grandma although it sounds more like 'wamma'. He says car, he knows a bunch of animals, he says banana, and he can almost say Logan"

"When do we get to meet this Logan?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I wanna meet this guy" Lorelai said.

"Bring him to dinner next week" Emily said.

"Oh. Um...I don't know if that's a good idea" Rory said.

"Of course it is" Emily said. "We can have a child free dinner, we'll get to meet your boyfriend, it'll be nice"

Rory could argue but there was no point. "I'll ask him"

"Wonderful"

The next day Rory took Henry over to Logan's apartment. Most Saturdays were spent at one of their apartments with their kids. It was nice because Rory and Logan got to spend time together and the kids got to play. Over the months they'd developed a cute little friendship.

"Hey" Logan said and kissed Rory's cheek when he opened the door. "Hi Henry"

"Sage" Henry said.

"Sage is still napping" Logan said. "She'll be up soon"

"Sage" Henry said.

"Ok" Rory said. She put Henry down and watched him walk over to where Sage's toys were.

"How was dinner with your grandparents last night?" Logan asked.

"About that" Rory said. "They want you to come next week"

"Ok" Logan said.

"Ok?"

"Yeah, I mean it was gonna happen at some point, right? We've been together 6 months" 

"So you're really fine with this? My grandparents can be a little...judgmental" Rory said.

Logan chuckled. "You haven't met my parents yet"

"So next Friday?"

"Next Friday"

The next Friday, Logan brought Sage over to Rory's apartment in the afternoon. Honor was gonna watch Sage and Henry at Rory's apartment and then Logan and Sage would spend the night there.

"Ace, you ok?" Logan asked as they stood outside the door.

"Yup" Rory said and rang the doorbell. "I'm just a little worried that I might be walking you into an interrogation". Before Logan could respond, the door opened. "Hi grandma" Rory said.

"Hello Rory" Emily said and hugged her granddaughter. "And you must be Logan"

"Nice to meet you" Logan said and shook Emily's hand.

"Come in. Come in" Emily said.

Rory and Logan followed Emily into the living room. Rory introduced Logan to her grandfather, mother, and Luke.

"Logan, what do you drink?" Richard asked.

"Scotch please" Logan said. "Thank you"

"Rory, your usual?"