End | Final Part

TANYA ELISHA

Akala ko, nasira ang lahat ng pangarap ko dahil tuluyang mawawala sa'kin si Lawrence. The truth is, all I needed was to create my own and have it all by myself, because that's how it should be.

All I could think of was that I should've focused more on myself. Or maybe I should've paid more attention to my surroundings.

Francine's behavior, Lawrence's true intentions, and the dots that I need to connect just to figure out the right answers.

But what can I do? I was young and maybe a little dumb.

Hindi ko naman malalaman agad-agad kung anong tama at mali, at siguro'y nararapat lang na maranasan ko ang mga 'yon para mas maging malinaw sa'kin ang lahat.

Kaya pala. . .

Kaya pala hindi namin laging nakakasama si Francine. Her always unclear motives, behaviors, and actions towards us. She always seemed to be unusual and not really showing care to us—me, Julia, Sofia, and Lia—most of the time.

We treated it all with no hard feelings, dahil naiintindihan naming ganoon talaga siya. But little did we know that it really is an odd thing—something that we should've shown care about.

I felt bad for hating her, unaware that she's suffering from a mental illness. But that didn't invalidate what she caused me—a big scar that needs a lot of time to heal.

I will forgive her, but I won't forget how she betrayed me and almost ruined my teenage life. I lost hope for a moment in my life.

Fortunately, the truth has finally been revealed. Nabura na rin sa social media ang mga posts—na kagagawan ni Francine.

Similarly, Lawrence only loved me because of what I could offer him, not because of who I really am. It was painful, masakit malaman na hindi ka pala talaga minahal ng taong lubos mong isusugal at ibibigay lahat.

But I am slowly trying to tell myself that it's not my fault; he didn't really see my true worth.

Kahit na labis siyang naapektuhan sa kondisyon ni Francine, he should've told me right away.

He apologized to me a million times, but I won't let him have access to my life ever again. It was hard at first, but staying in the same place might even be harder in the long run.

All the things laid in front of you—you can't really see what they truly are if you don't try to look beyond their surface.

That's why I really took a great step in identifying what really is good to me—to my desires and overall well-being.

This time, I will not allow anyone to just take away my self-worth. I deserve to give myself enough love.

I can't afford to lose myself again just to keep people in my life. If they're meant to belong with me, then it should feel right.

That's why, in this new chapter of my life, I'll be wiser and love myself better.

Yesterday might feel unfulfilled, but I can always have a better tomorrow.

The End

Yesterday's Dream
©scorcheroyalty
Started: Dec. 20, 2023
Finished: April 26, 2024