Sunset and Its Silver Linings

It was the day after the freeze. Clarion was checking up the reports upon the damage in the Autumn Forest. A knock on the door interupted her thoughts.

"Come in." She calls. Then Fairy Mary flew in. "Mary, how are the repairs going?"

"Quite well actually. The tinkers and I have been helping with the repairs in Autumn. How are the girls?"

"Oh, Aurelia and Aurora have been spending a lot of time together ever since yesterday." Clarion replies. "I mean I don't blame them it has been years anyways." She chuckles.

"And Milori?" Mary asks with a smirk.

"He is doing good I suppose. He had to check up on Winter." She replies.

"Are you seeing him tonight?" Mary grins.

"H-how did you know?" Clarion asks surprised.

"Please you were staring at the sun the whole afternoon. It reminded me of the past when you two were still together." Mary rolls her eyes. "You must be excited."

"Yes, I mean we have come from such a long way and we're here together again." The queen chuckles.
_________________________________________

As the sun starts to set, she couldn't contain her excitement. Her friend looks at her. "Just go already." She smiles. "Okay okay. I'll see you later." Clarion laughs. "And if Aurelia comes looking for me please tell-"

"Tell her that you have a urgent meeting tonight." Mary answers for her with a wink. Clarion smiles before flying off to the border.
_________________________________________

It feels like she had went back in time, sneaking out of the tree every sunset. It feels exactly like that until she could see him sitting on the same spot he used too.

"You're early." She smiled as she walked towards him.

"It would be rude to keep the queen waiting." He says with a smile, as he gestured her to sit down with him.

"This morning I couldn't believe it, I thought it was another dream. It took Aurora multiple times to convince me that I wasn't."

Clarion laughs, kissing him on his cheek, as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "I almost can't believe that you're here."

He smiles, her eyes meeting his. "You looked like you haven't aged."

She laughs. "Milori, it has been years. Of course I did. And also raising a child was not easy."

"Well we have our fair share. Neverless you never looked more radient." Milori complements as he held her hand for a kiss.

They continued to catch up on everything that has happened over the past years.

"So what do we do now?" Clarion asks after a while. "I mean now that we are together again along with the girls. We can't live continue to live apart." She sighs.

"We'll find away to cross safely. I'm sure Peri and Tinkerbell will be keen to help." Milori says. "I promise we'll find away." He brushes a strand of her hair away from her face. Clarion smiles.

"It's getting late. I should check up on Aurelia." The queen says noticing the stars shining brightly. "And I'll do the same with Aurora." Milori says as he helped her into her feet.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" Clarion nods. "Alright. Good night, love." Milori says as he gave a kiss to her forehead. "Good night." Clarion kisses him on his cheek. "Please give Aurora, a goodnight from me."

"I will, same goes for Aurelia."

Clarion smiles before flying of towards the direction of the tree.
_________________________________________