A Warm Welcome

After leaving the border. Tinkerbell went back home while Aurelia quickly hurried back to the Pixie Dust Tree. Luckily, it was already late, there weren't any fairies in the hallway. She quietly opened her bedroom door and went in. She hid her winter coat underneath her bed and placed her tiara on the bedside table.

Then there was a knock on her door. "Aurelia?" A voice called out. Aurelia opened the door to see her mother. "Aurelia! Where have you been? I've been worried sick." Queen Clarion said as she embraced her daughter.

"Sorry Mother, I was just helping Tinkerbell with her invention." Aurelia lied. Clarion sighed. "Alright, just please don't fly off like that again." Clarion said. "Look. About our.. misunderstanding earlier. I know that Winter looks like a breathtaking place. And it holds a a lot of uncovered beauty. But it hides many dangers for us."

"But I-"

"Sweetheart, you are the princess of Pixie Hollow and also the next queen. I want you to show yourself as a good example for other fairies." Clarion sighs. "We will talk no more about this topic. You can't just bring yourself to get hurt. Are we clear?"

Her mother was right, but she was also a little wrong. If she wanted her to be a good example, would do what she thinks is right. Especially when it could bring two sides together. "Yes Mother." Aurelia replied.

"Now get to bed, dear." Clarion said as she kissed her goodnight, blew the candle off, and closed the door gently.
_________________________________________

Meanwhile in the Winter Woods. Aurora just arrived at the Ice Place ten minutes past her curfew. "I just hope father, will not notice." Aurora said to herself as she quickly went to her bedroom but when she reached the hallway, Lord Milori was right there.

"Aurora, were have you been? You are late." Milori asked. "Father, I was just uhm with Periwinkle." Aurora replied. "At this hour?" Milori said. "I must... have not noticed the time." Aurora said. Milori sighed. "Alright, come on head to bed." Milori said as he opened her bedroom door.

"Soo...I'm not grounded?" Aurora asked. Milori raised an eyebrow. "Since you were with only ten minutes late. I'll let this slide but only once." Milori replied. "Are we clear?" Milori asked. "Yes father." Aurora replied.

"Good. Head to bed now, Snowdrop. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Father." Aurora said as her father gently cloosed her bedroom door.
_________________________________________

Next morning after breakfast. Aurelia along with Tinkerbell sneaked into the border. Tinkerbell hid behind an Autumn leaf while Aurelia used her pixie dust form. Periwinkle and Aurora have also arrived at the border, they were both hiding underneath a snowflake.

"Did anyone see you?" Tinkerbell asked while removing the Autumn leaf. "Nope, I can't believe were doing this!" Peri said excitedly. "Father, is so going to ground me when he finds out." Aurora said as she removed the snowflake from her and Peri.

"Same here." Aurelia said. "So did you bring it?" Tink asked. "Yes." Peri replied then whistled into the Winter Woods. Then her friends appeared while carrying a block of ice.

"More to the right." Sled said. "For the record, we shouldn't be doing this. Whatever it is were doing." Spike said then they settled the ice into the border.

"Woah." Aurelia said. "As ordered, one big block of ice." Sled said. "Courtesy of our resident Glacier Fairy." Gliss said. "Hey." Glacier said. "So what you think?" Peri asked. "It's perfect." Tink said then whistled into the Autumn Forrest.

"Are you sure, she is not leading you guys into a trap?" Spike asked. Peri and Aurora gave her a look then a weird contraction arrived with Tink, Clank, and Bobble pushing it. The Winter Fairies and Aurelia were shocked.

"Oh, it's a uhm..one of those.." Gliss said while looking for words. "Maybe, we shouldn't be doing this." Spike whispered to Aurora and Peri who put their hands on their waist.

"It's a Snowmaker. It makes snow!" Clank and Bobble said together. "Yup, this is your ticket to the warm side of Pixie Hollow!" Tink said. Peri and Aurora gasped. "Wait! This is crazy we don't even know if it works. Plus the daughter of the winter lord, is literally breaking the rule." Spike said.

"Oh Spike, don't worry we're doing this to unite our worlds. To be with our family." Aurora said. Spike sighed. "Fine, but you two be careful." Spike said. "Thanks Spike." Aurora said. "How does it work?" Peri asked.

"Guys." Tink said then Clank and Bobble began pulling a lever and turned the snowmaker around. "You guys might want to step aside for a bit." Bobble said then the winter fairies went aside. Clank pulled a rope then a hook grabbed the ice and slowly went on the snowmaker.

"Woah." They exclaimed. "They are serious." Sled said. Clank turned the snowmaker around again pulled a lever and Bobble began pedalling on it. After a few moments, it started creating a flow of snow. The winter fairies gasped.

"Snow!" Aurora exclaimed. "You did it, you actually did it!" Aurelia said then gently touched the snow. "Woah, it's cold." She said. "So?" Tink asked. Peri and Aurora looked on their friends.

"Go on." Gliss said. "Live it man." Glacier said. Peri and Aurora smiled and together they crossed the border. "Wow!" They exclaimed while circling around. "Welcome, Miss Winkle, Princess." Clank said. "Thank you." They both said.

"Aurora! Your hair!" Gliss exclaimed. "And your wings!" Spike exclaimed too. Aurora looked and saw that her hair and wings had streaks of brown and gold respectively. "What? How?" Aurora exclaimed. "Maybe because you are half warm and winter fairy." Tinkerbell said.

"Wait so that means...." Aurelia said then took her sister's hand and lead her out of the snow. Aurora's hair and wings fully became brown and golden. "Woah." Aurora exclaimed. "We look exactly like each other." Aurelia and Aurora said giggling.

"Your wings, wouldn't they break?" Spike asked. "Guess not. I feel fine." Aurora said while fluttering around.

"Wouldn't the other warm fairies will think that it's odd to have another fairy who looks exactly like their princess?" Sled asked. "Well, it's a busy day for us warm fairies today." Bobble said. "And we will only go to the less crowded places." Tinkerbell added.

"Well, if that's clear. Go have fun!" Gliss said. They exchanged goodbyes and went their way to their side of the border. Without knowing that Lord Milori's owl was watching the entire thing.
_________________________________________

How will their visit to the warm side go? Find out in the next chapter. Thank you for reading : )