George Russel- Broken Promises ⛓️☁️

2 month ago...

You feel the breeze blow through the open balcony door, the quiet of the street below disrupted by the occasional meow of a stray cat. You sip your tea, taking in the soft hum of the city  as a gentle background.

"It's getting cold", you hear his familiar voice behind you making you smile faintly as he rests a hand on your lower back.

George joins you on the balcony, his bright eyes reflecting the golden hues of the setting sun.
"It's beautiful" he murmurs, his voice carrying a mix of exhaustion and anticipation.

"Im trying to enjoy it before the season starts."

A sigh escapes George's lips as he leans against the railing. "I know"

You turn to face him, searching his eyes for reassurance. "We need to find time for each other, George. I don't want us to drift apart."

He runs a gentle hand through his perfect hair, a hint of frustration evident on his face. "You know I want that more than anything Y/N. But it's not easy. The team, the sponsors, the fans – they demand so much. It's like being pulled in a hundred different directions."

You nod silently at his words.

A moment of tension hangs in the air, but then George takes a deep breath and cups your face in his hands. "We'll make it work..." With a smile, you nod before placing a gentle kiss on his lips

"Together."

————-

Present Day

You breeze past paddock security, dark sunglasses covering your tired eyes. Your mind is restless, all you can think about is last night.

George forgot about your anniversary dinner plans, a small but significant oversight that had escalated into your biggest fight yet.

But it wasn't just about dinner; it was about the growing distance between you, the unanswered texts, the missed calls—the feeling of
being pushed aside again.

"You know what?! Forget the race. Forget this game! I'm leaving back to London tomorrow night George!...I'm done."

Your thoughts are interrupted by a voice from behind, "...Hey aren't you  Y/N, L/N ?" , you turn to see a group of teenage fans staring awestruck.

"Can we get a picture?"

"This is so random but you and George are so cute together!"

"Yesss you guys literally perfect.", one of the girls adds

Perfect? Not even close. "Thank you", you smile politely before excusing yourself.

You make your way to the team's hospitality area, trying to put on a brave face despite the storm brewing inside you.

As you weave through the crowds of people, you catch glimpses of George, his smile bright as he interacts with his race engineers, you feel the strain in his demeanor. When he looks up you look away pretending to search for something that isn't there.

You make your way to the café on the second floor hoping that some caffeine will help you clear your mind. As you stir your drink looking out at the view you feel someone standing next to you.

"Did you have a fight?", you turn to see Toto with a stern expression.

"I- how did you know?"

"I can tell. George isn't focused and considering your one of the most important people to him..."