You Will Go! (You Have Nothing Better To Do Anyways)

So my friend, Lexi, has decided that I need a life. And having a life would include going out and meeting new people. Well excuse me for having to work to pay my bills. I still haven't found a sugar daddy or that rich client that wants to put me on their payroll for 7k a month for a personal chef. Maybe one day, but until that time, I just have to keep working.

Oh, I'm so sorry! Where are my matters?! I'm Charlotte, a 24-year-old girl who is 5'3 on a good day and has  what I call a medium dark chocolate complexion. I do have a little more padding than most but in all the right places. Or at least, that's what I like to think. It's just finding the right guy who would agree with me and the fact that I like to date outside sometimes really doesn't help. I know if I did, I would have a line going around the corner but I always liked... how can I put it nicely, "white chocolate" (Yes I do mean it also in the literal sense too). Don't get me wrong, I think black men can be devastatingly handsome but they haven't been my cup of tea. Sorry if I offend some because I will, but that's just me. But that's not the point, the point is that my friend Lexi has decided for me that I will go out on a date whether I like it or not.

"Char! You're coming with me and Jake. And that's final. Anyways, you're always working and if you're not working, then you're at home. It's only gotten worse since you broke up with Toby which was like ages ago!! Sweetie, it's time to let go and move on."

She just had to bring up that bastard's name. I really loved that man with all my heart and he was even my FIRST! But turns out, I was just some game to him and found him cheating with- drumroll please- my ex-best friend, Olivia. It's so cliche-ish but it happened to me and ever since then, it's just been hard to put the hurt aside and move on. I mean, when you give up a year and a half to guy only to find out that he's a dog and that your best friend is just some insecure skank that will betray your trust at a drop of a dime, it will kind of do a number to a girl's psyche.

"Yes, I know I need to, but it's so much better and cheaper to just work and stay in." I then tried giving her my biggest smile but since she knows me so well to know that  it was forced, so she wasn't trying to hear any of my excuses. When she gets like this, there's nothing to stop her. I wasn't even going to argue since she's' definitely taller than me (but truth be told, that's most people anyways). She stared into my soul with her hazel eyes fiercely and said, " YOU. WILL. COME. OUT! And besides, Jake is bringing a friend too, so it'll be a double date!"

I think I misheard her. Did she just set me up for a double date without my input?! As well as just assuming that I will go willingly with her. Well either way, I should just get over it since I already know there's nothing that will get me out of it now. I shrugged my shoulders and just threw my hands in the air before covering my face. This is going to be awesome... (Please note the sarcasm)

"Seriously! You could had warned me..."

"And then hear your bull-ish excuses of why you 'can't' go out, which is tomorrow since I know you have off, by the way."

"Yay! How thoughtful! (Yes I'm being very sarcastic)  So now I don't have to make myself panic for a week. Well can you at least tell me about this guy that I'm going on a date with?" Her eyes lit up like a kid about to get a new toy before going off about him. She clapped her hands before starting.

"Of course!! His name is Justin and he has a job and he's your type. And that's all I'm giving you right now. And don't try getting out of it at the last minute like you like to do because I'm picking your ass up around 6pm. And don't try anything since you gave me spare key."

"Something I'm regretting now... wait, OUCH!" She smacked me in the arm really hard, so it really stung, like a lot. She's such a meanie, but just to make sure she gets off my back, I'll go. I mean it's basically a free meal.