VI. The Dinner

THE NEXT DAY Daenys woke up to Alicent entering her chambers.

"Daenys," Alicent greets, "good morrow."

Daenys yawns nodding, "good morrow, it seems to be early, you know?"

Alicent nods, "it is but I have news. Your wedding is in a fortnight."

Daenys's eyes widened, "I- What?" She had just woken up so her mind was fuzzy and confused, what had happened yesterday still stirred in her mind, Aemond had kissed her.

"Aemond said you two finally found common ground," Alicent explains as she has her handmaiden Talia bring in a box.

"Right... I knew that," Daenys rubs her eyes.

 "I brought you a gift."

Daenys stood up as she opened it:

Daenys pauses, loving the fabric, but the green part

Daenys pauses, loving the fabric, but the green part... She remembered what her father said and looked at Alicent who was smiling at her.

"Is this my... Wedding gown?" Daenys asked.

Alicent shook her head, "no, dear, it's just a gown for tonight's family dinner."

"Family dinner?" 

"Yes, I decided it's best you join the family for a dinner, Aemond will be escorting you," Alicent explains, "Aegon and Helaena will both be there."

"Not my grandsire?" Daenys asked confused.

"He's... Been very ill of late," Alicent confesses.

DAENYS GETS DRESSED IN THE GOWN SHE WAS GIVEN, her hair was done:

Before she headed to see her grandsire before the dinner.

Sir Erryk escorted her as always, "you look lovely, Princess, if I may say," he compliments.

Daenys thought back to Aemond and her conversation... Sir Erryk... Wouldn't ever fancy her... Would he?

Surely not. He's a Knight of the Kingsguard.