IV. Now They See You As You Are

IT WAS TIME FOR THE FUNERAL.

Daenys had to decide who to stand with but Aemond and her connection made her want to stay beside him every moment of the day. She stood next to him as he noticed her decision, he smirked to himself before taking her hand.

Daemon wasn't exactly happy about this one bit.

No, she's standing with the Greens, holding hands with her betrothed who is a Green, he tried to hide his scowl.

They get through the funeral before everyone ends up chatting.

Aemond spoke quietly with his betrothed making her smile at times but she tried to keep the smiles back considering they were at a funeral... But Aemond enjoyed making her smile.

Daemon was pretty much done watching his daughter with a Green, turning her into one of them, as he walked over. 

"May I have a moment with Daenys?" Daemon asked but really demanded.

Aemond felt intimated and nodded, "yes... I'll be back," he told his betrothed and walked away.

Daenys sighs, "what is it now?"

"They are trying to turn you into one of them," Daemon hisses continuing the conversation with a whisper and Valyrian.

"One of them?" Daenys didn't understand.

"I know you are young, Daenys, but you cannot be that dim," Daemon rolls his eyes, "you are my daughter. That has to mean something."

"I am also my mother's daughter," Daenys argues back, "who actually agreed to this proposal by the way, if you'd like to speak with her."

Rhaenyra then noticed what was going on between her daughter and Daemon, she storms over, "what are you doing?" Rhaenyra asked Daemon as she got between him and Daenys.

"Talking to your child," Daemon acts innocent, he wanted to say our child, but that would cause further drama, "we're family after all."

"That is not your decision to make," Rhaenyra hisses.

Daenys crossed her arms to hold herself, "mother..."

Rhaenyra looked at her daughter, "what is it, my little me?"

"I don't want to talk to him anymore," Daenys confided in her mother.

Rhaenyra nods as Daemon's eyes squint at this, "you heard her," she tells him, "go."

Daemon just looked around, eyes on the three of them, but still, he leaned forward to Rhaenyra, "if she dies because of this... It's on you," he told her in Valyrian before storming away.

Daenys took the chance to sneak away as Rhaenyra looked over to see her daughter gone as well, she groaned.

Daenys found Aemond by the fire as she put her head on his shoulder sighing, "I don't like him."

"Who? Daemon?" Aemond asked with his smirk, "I couldn't tell."

"Shut it," Daenys hit him meekly on the shoulder.

That's when they heard the heavy screech that belonged to Vhagar, the oldest and biggest war dragon alive, they both looked up. Especially Aemond who felt interest peak in him at the idea of trying to claim her.

DAENYS SAID HER GOODNIGHTS TO HER BROTHERS AND AEMOND and went to bed.

She slept soundly for the most part until she was shaken awake by Rhaena and Baela, her half-sisters/cousins, it gets confusing in this family...