III. Right Beside You

DAENYS FOUND HER WAY TO AEMOND'S CHAMBERS.

She was let in as Aemond was sitting at the fireplace reading but he looked over to see her, he stood up closing the book, "Daenys? What's wrong?"

"Did you know the truth about me?" Daenys asked straight forward, "does everyone?"

Aemond didn't need to be told what she was talking about as he sighs, "it's... It's obvious," she looked down tears filling her eyes, "but, it doesn't matter to me."

"How can a bastard inherit the Iron Throne and not be challenged? Nonetheless a female bastard?" Daenys was spiraling.

Aemond walks over, "look at me, you will make a great Queen one day," he doesn't believe his own words. No, he knew one thing and one thing only; what his mother had told him his entire life. That Aegon will inherit the Iron Throne. But that doesn't diminish one thing. She belongs to him. "And a great wife."

Daenys stares at him before latching onto him, hugging him for comfort, he hugs her back holding her in his embrace.

RHAENYRA HAD TO FIND HER DAUGHTER. 

She had made a decision to better the family.

To leave Kingslanding.

She wondered how her daughter would take it considering the whole fact she is betrothed to Aemond Targaryen. But that doesn't necessarily mean that she has to stay in Kingslanding. No, she could come with them until it was time to marry him.

The one place she hadn't looked was Aemond's chambers and she decided to shoot her shot and went there.

Daenys was lying on his bed reading one of his books as he sat next to her talking to her calmly when the door opened.

"The Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, My Prince," Rhaenyra enters the room.

Daenys sat up and Aemond looked at his betrothed.

"Mother, I said I needed-"

"I know, but I must speak with you," Rhaenyra walked over, "please come with me back to our chambers and we'll speak. If you would like... You can return."

Daenys looked at Aemond who was uncertain of the idea.

But Daenys nods, "okay..." She gave Aemond his book before standing up, "I'll be back."

"WE'RE LEAVING?!"

Daenys was completely in shock.

"I know this is hard but-"

"I cannot leave-"

"Your place is with your family," Rhaenyra told her calmly, "I know you don't understand but do you truly want to be alone here?" 

Daenys thought on that for a second before shaking her head, "I wouldn't be alone."

Her brothers looked at her as her mother blinked.

"I have Aemond," Daenys states, "and that's where I belong."

"You are not even at age yet to marry," Rhaenyra touched her daughter's arms lightly, "you are only ten. You have so much to learn from me... Not from them."

"I also have my grandsire," Daenys points out, "does he mean nothing?"

"He's... He's not going to be well forever, Daenys," Rhaenyra tries to say, not wanting to leave her daughter here, her only daughter.

"Please... Please allow me to make my own choice, mother," Daenys pleaded, "I want to stay. Please."

Rhaenyra stares at her desperately but she knows if she would force Daenys to come, she'd resent her for it, she sighs and nods.