"What store first Major?" Halo asked looking down at him. "Umm shoes?" He questioned looking up at her.

"Okay"

As they walked through the mall Major held both of their hands with a big smile on his face. Any time his parents were together he was at his happiest.

"I want that." He pointed to the pretzels. "Okay"

"Yo stomach gone be fucked up, I'm already knowin. Imma get it fa you tho. I'll meet y'all inna store."

"Ite, come on lil boy. What kinda shoes you want?" She asked as her and Major walked off.

Saint stood in the line on his phone before feeling himself get pushed a little. The fragrance he was smelling smelled familiar so he looked up.

"Why you always where i'm at? You stalkin' me foo?"

"No, My baby just got her ears pierced. Who you here with?" Dayla asked "My girl n my son."

Saint kept his focus on the baby because he thought she might look like him. He looked over at Dayla feeling like he was tripping.

"Dumb ass she is not your baby. You don't have to look at her like that." She laughed "Who her daddy then?"

"Not you. He's out working. I had to leave you street niggas alone n get a real, working man that's gone treat me right."

"Dets wassup, I'm genuinely glad you found betta. Again I apologize fa all I put you through. Yeen deserve det shit Day Day."

"I'm over that but thanks for the apology. Imma get out yo way before yo bodyguard come beat my ass. It was nice seeing you Kam, I wish you well."

"Same to you." He replied waving at her. Once Dayla walked away he ordered some items and met them in the shoe store.

"Took you long enough. This four whole pairs of shoes he picked out n he not even done yet."

"Da fuck is he goin' to need all these shoes? You gotta tell him no sometimes. Aye Major"

"Yea?" He asked looking back at Saint. "No more, come on dis all you gettin' don't pick up nun else foo."

"Okay" Major pouted putting the shoe back on the rack. He then walked over to Halo slowly and hid behind her leg. "It's okay, dad said no. We gone get you other stuff too."

Saint felt bad for saying no but Major needed to not be so spoiled. He wasn't going to do anything but mess the shoes up anyway.

--

"What's five plus five?" Saint asked Major. "Fifteen?"

"Nah man- hell nah... count da apples fa you blow me." Saint responded sitting up in his chair.

"One.. two... three... four... five..." Major continued to count the rest then he went silent.

"How many up there?" Saint asked in a calm tone. "Five?"

"Foo" Saint shook his head. "Count again then add it together foo."

"Help him! Obviously he doesn't know, he needs your help Kamarion." Halo spoke "You stay back there, I got dis foo."

Saint counted out the apples and told Major the answer before asking him to do it again on his own.

"Now, how many apples is it Major?"
"Eight?"

"Gone- just go head foo." Saint crumbled the paper up then Halo started laughing. "Come on Major imma help you out cs he not patient enough."

"You get up." She spoke pulling on Saint's shirt.

Once Halo started helping him, he understood better. Saint just brushed it off because he didn't understand why he wasn't comprehending when he was helping him out.

"Why you can't learn from me?" Saint questioned

"Major said you're mean and he doesn't like you no more."

"What I do Major?"

"You said no and you be yelling at me." Major responded immediately making Saint feel bad. "Sometimes you gotta hear no, ion be tryna yell at you tho dets just how I am."

"Well he doesn't like it. That's why he don't wanna listen to you while you helpin' him."

"So he knew da answers da whole time?" Saint asked in disbelief. "Yea"

"Hell nah" He waved her off. "Major what's five plus five?"

"Ten!"

"What about ten plus ten?" She asked with a smirk on her face. "Twenty" He giggled

"Oh y'all fucked up. Ion be tryna yell at you but yo mama got you spoiled as hell. Ian gone always tell you yes either so you better get used to it."

"If he say no just ask me, ian gone ever tell you no Major."

"See you da problem." He pointed "Don't listen to her, she gone be da reason you cry every time somebody say no."

Major stood there confused on who to listen to. Eventually he just sat in Halo's lap until he fell asleep.

"My baby can have whatever, you so mean Kam. He just a kid ion see what da issue is."

"He gone act like a lil brat cs he spoiled, i'm tellin' you. Look at Maci n how she act. Det muhfucka spoiled as hell."

"That's fine, kids deserve to have whatever they want cs they didn't ask to be here. We just gone have to agree to disagree foo."

"Ite... watch what I tell you." Saint warned

--

As Saint took Halo's wig braids out she rested her head in her hand while looking at him through the mirror.

"I love you. I'm done being mean. If we gone be together show me why you deserve another chance. This the last time imma try witchu, after this, shit is wraps fa you Kamarion."

"Ian gone cheat again if dets what you thinkin. I love you more Tianna."

"Iono that, that's why you gotta prove it to me. Ian worried 'bout nobody but one person and you know exactly who she is too. You n det bitch even as much as look at each other imma kill both a y'all."

"Ian seen her, she not on my mind either so you can let det old ass beef go bae."

"Beef is forever. She tried shit with my man so I had to set da bitch straight. I never played wit a lil girl on no shit like that."

"All her bird ass wanna do is complain n chase after you. How 'bout I chase after her ass wit dis glock n see what's really up." Halo continued

"You just be sayin' anything. But ite foo yo message clear. Ion fuck wit her, she ain't nobody to be worried 'bout n nah ion still communicate wit her if dets what you tryna get at."

"Aww better not be cs i'll fuck all both a y'all up on my mom."

"Youn een know yo mama to be puttin' shit on her like det." Saint mugged "I wish ian know you. Shut up." She responded sarcastically.