Hot Air Balloon Rides and Paparazzi

Start from the beginning

Did they offer you a job, Can? she asked, worry creeping into her mind but wanting to seem supportive.

Shaking his head, he confirmed her fear. 

They did actually, he said. They offered me a lead role on a new TV series but I'd have to film in Rome, Palermo and a few other cities so I'd have to move there for 6-8 months; longer if it was well received.

Oh, oh..wow, Can. That's, that's an amazing opportunity for you. Is this the first time they've offered that to a Turkish actor? she asked.

It is. And it's quite an honor to be asked. But, I really don't want to take it, Sanem. Not now. Not after finding you. I can't imagine being away from you for long periods of time, he said, grasping her hands in his.

Shaking her head, she quickly got up and said, No, Can. You will not limit your career because of me. I won't let you do that. That was asked of me once and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I would've come to resent Engin for it. If you want to take that job, Can, we will make it work, she said.

Jumping up to grab her around the waist and turn her to him, he said, I have had my doubts about this offer from the start, Sanem. You have to believe me. Being away from my family, from Turkey, my friends, the charity, and yes..now you...it's just not the right time. I had a bad experience when I did a project in Budapest before Inadina and it was so incredibly hard on me. It was the catalyst for the charity, like I shared with you before, he said, trying to convince her.

I understand that, Can, and I remember us talking about that experience. But I need you to promise me that if you decide you want to do this project, you will not let anything keep you from it. Do you promise me? she said looking up into his eyes.

Ok, Sanem, I promise. I have about a month left to decide but I will keep talking to you about it as it gets closer, he said with conviction.

Alright then. I'm trusting you that will keep your word to me. I will also be touring with the company as we get more publicity so we will make it work if you decide Italy is where you want to be, Sanem said, trying to convince herself more than Can.

Speaking of that, I'm going to let you get some rest before the big interview in the morning, he said as he held her in his arms and kissed her forehead. 

Walking him to the door, hands intertwined, she said, I'll call you after the interview.

Bonne chance, bebek, he said as he kissed her sweet lips. Although I don't think you'll need any luck!

Thank you, Can, Sanem answered. Thinking about the interview made her nervous and she secretly wished he could be there with her.

 Thinking about the interview made her nervous and she secretly wished he could be there with her

Holding her close, he looked from her beautiful eyes to her gorgeous lips. Feeling his intense stare, Sanem closed her eyes in anticipation of his kiss. He thought about how much good his fame had brought to his life but realized that if he wasn't famous, he'd be able to be by her side for the interview. Pushing those thoughts aside, he slowly leaned in until he felt her warm sweet breath on his lips.