Even though Brooklyn had been a great substitute leader while Goliath had been away for six months, there was still much that he could learn from him too. But Hudson had helped him to learn much about being a leader too. Brooklyn didn't feel ready to be a leader just yet again.

He was thrilled to be the clan's Second in Command, but there were times that he didn't feel that Goliath didn't give him the time of night to learn more about being a real leader. And without a mate of his own, his happiness was often limited on what he liked to do anymore with himself in his spare time.

Before the clan's existence had been exposed by the Hunters, the clan were free to do what they wanted. Now they had Quarrymen and other gargoyle haters to deal with on a nightly basis. Goliath didn't want anyone going out alone but with rare exceptions.

Brooklyn and his brothers used to go to movies and rock concerts. Now Broadway had Angela to hang with and take on dates, read with and so on. Lexington had his projects and babysitting the Xanatos baby, Alex.

Hudson had Bronx to hang with while watching tv or take to the park. Goliath had Elisa Maza, his new choice of mate, though she was human. But what was Brooklyn supposed to do with himself?

Sure, he hung with Lexington sometimes for movies in the entertainment room and video games, plus some card games. He would listen to music in his room sometimes, and he read books too, but other than that, Brooklyn felt bored out of his mind. Sometimes he felt just unwanted, like he had no use in his clan anymore.

Goliath's needs had also shifted onto his daughter, Angela too. He often seemed to think of her needs more than Brook's. The need to learn how to be a leader. But the red male held no grudge against Angela. He had wanted her so badly to be his mate before she had settled for Broadway. Having Coldsteel inhabit his body had certainly not helped him any either.

When Brooklyn felt completely ignored, there were times when he could manage to sneak away from the castle on his own. He would make sure to stay high on the buildings, but there were times he just had to get away from the boredom of the castle.

Tonight was one of those nights. Brooklyn was feeling neglected again. He had asked Lex to play some games with him and said he was busy babysitting tonight. Everyone else was busy to pay any attention to him.

Brooklyn reluctantly decided to leave the castle. He decided to head over near Times Square but to stay out of sight. He knew there were bright lights from the cinema over there. He planned to return before sunrise. He usually had a good feeling on his internal clock.

From a distance, the red male didn't see the shadow figure approaching him from the back. This was what Demona had been waiting for! She had waited for this moment for over a week. To catch Brook alone. She got caught up with him before he was closing in on Times Square.

"Hello, Brooklyn." Demona called out to him.

Brooklyn had felt contented feeling the air blow on his face. Then he heard his greatest enemy's voice behind him. He turned. "Demona!" He yelled at her; his eyes set aglow in anger.

"Bet you can't catch me, you little wretch!" Demona called him and it set his nerves on fire.

"Just watch me! I'll turn you over to Goliath myself!" Brooklyn snarled at her, and he started charging at her.

Demona was expecting this, and she turned and dodged his dive bomb at her. But he turned himself around and went after her again. This time, she flew ahead of him and was heading towards a rooftop. Brooklyn charged after her. He wasn't letting her go this time.

The redhaired gargess landed on a rooftop and she just stood there, waiting for the red male to land as well. Brooklyn next landed onto the rooftop. "Now you're mine!" He snarled at her.