VI

♔𝘙𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭♔

[name]'s breath caught in their throat. It was even more intense the closer it was.

"Lilia. Lilia Vanrouge." His deep voice startles the group. The petite man was floating upside down in the air.

"H-he just teleported!" Grim exclaims.

[name]'s eyes take this chance to look over Lilia, their eyes narrowing at the sight of his ears. Curious, they thought, he was able to hear their conversation from across the room.

"I understand my apparent age interests you? As this bespectacled fellow accurately noted...despite my fresh-face, boyish good looks, it would be inaccurate to call me a 'child'. You need not gawk at us from afar. You may feel free to speak with us directly. We are schoolmates, are we not? All of us at Diasomnia House welcome you without reservation."

The young Demi-god pauses, Lilia spoke like someone who has been alive for a long time. His was something that wasn't human or mortal. It only increased their distrust.

"And yet, those guys over there aren't exactly rolling out the red carpet in terms of approachability...." Deuce mutters as the table looks over to the others Lilia was sitting with.

"Forgive me for appearing above you during your meal. I do hope we can speak again." Lilia chuckles, his eyes slightly shifting to [name] before leaving.

"Their table has got to be over twenty yards away from ours. And they overheard our conversation? That's WAY creeping!" Ace whispers.

"Well... Diasomnia does have a bit of a reputation for having lots of special students. Some of them are extremely talented at magic. Their Housewarden, Malleus Draconia, is considered to be one of the five best mages in the world." Trey explains to the freshman.

"I actually have a question-" [name] was interrupted by Cater.

"Malleus is reeeel bad news. Though I suppose the same could be said of our own dear Housewarden."

"No kidding! He collared me for eating one slice of tart! All his rule obsession is outta control!" Ace agrees to his fellow ginger.

"My 'rule obsession' is 'outta control,' is it?"

Ace, who didn't pay attention to whose voice it was, continued taking.

"You bet it is. Riddle's just a petty tyrant who leans into the whole 'rules' schtick as a pretext to keep everyone under his puny thumb!"

"Ace! Behind you!" Hisses Deuce.

Shock, fear, annoyance was on Ace's face as he turned around to see his Housewarden standing there with his arms crossed.

"Hey, Riddle! What's shakin', pal? You're lookin' adorbs, as always!" Cater rambles, trying to not get on Riddle's bad side.

Grim on the other hand, just gets angry at the sight of Riddle.

"You're the guy who put the stupid collar on me at the orientation ceremony!"

"And you're the new students who were nearly expelled yesterday." Riddle pointedly says. "I'll ask that you not refer to my signature spell as a 'stupid collar'.