Chapter Seven

*James POV*

The guys and I were joking around about some sophomore jock that got called out by his math teacher. We were currently sitting in Mr. Stick-up-his-ass's room for detention.  Glances towards his desk his pacing, running his hands through his hair in frustration, while holding a phone to his ear.

Serves him right for giving us a detention for no reason, I smirk slightly to myself. My thoughts were interrupted by Conner when he punched my shoulder, "Ey, man, are you even listening?"

"Nah sorry, what's up?"

"Payton was asking what we should do today, unless you just want to go back to the pad and unpack?"

I rubbed my chin with the back of my hand, " We got all the time in the word for that. Let's see if we can make some drops. Hopefully that nosey girl won't be there to stop it this time." I grumbled that last part to myself, but they still heard.

"What do you mean?" Lucas asked, his brows furrowed like the others.

I lean back as far as I can in the chair, folding my hands behind my head, "You remember that girl that walked in Fucktards room earlier?" I ask, they nod slowly after a moment, "Well when he kicked me out, some freshman wanted some bud, so I went to the bleachers to make a drop. But then she comes along and gives the kid back his money before telling him to scram, then she had the balls to threaten me!"

"The fuck man? What did she say?" Lucas said getting angry at the fact that I was threatened, even if it was by a girl.

I shrugged like it was no big deal, " Something around 'Learn about the streets before you try selling on them'. Then she walked away."

None of the guys replied so I looked over at them, Lucas was looking at his feet, Liam was staring at the board, while Conner, Payton, and Danny were looking out the window, thoughtful expressions passing on their face.

"What?" I asked.

"Its just, she looks really nice. I can't imagine her threatening anyone." Payton says meeting my eyes.

"What if," Danny starts, "What if her words weren't supposed to be a threat, but a 'heads-up warning'?"

 "Could be, but what would a girl like her know about 'the streets', you saw her when she walked in doing errands for teachers and shit. I wouldn't put anything she said into consideration."

They shared a glance with each other, but shrugged anyways. At that exact moment a single knock sounded at the door, before it opened revealing that girl. Esme.

She gave us a quick glance, and I was surprised to say the expression on her face was saying, 'I'm not surprised you're in here'. When I realized she was looking at me, my eyes narrowed. I was still pissed at what she did today at the bleachers. 

She turned her attention to the teacher when he said, "Thanks for covering me Esme." He had started stuffing paper in a briefcase. Yeah, you heard me, a BRIEFCASE. "Make sure they stay for the whole hour." He adds before slamming the door shut on the way out. Wait, so he's not here and now we're stuck with Esme? Wooow.

Lucas and Liam are playing fun run against each other, Danny's playing Flappy Bird,  Conner's playing trivia crack, and Payton's  drawing. Since they're on their phones I decide to watch Esme, not as creepy as it sounds, I swear. She was sitting at his desk, pulling out a laptop and headphones.

She put her headphones on, and I'm guessing by the way her eyes were moving rapidly on the screen that she was watching a video. Curiosity was what I felt as I watched her run her index across her bottom lip repeatedly. She slammed her laptop so suddenly that I jumped slightly in surprise. The guys along with myself were watching her pace.

As if feeling our eyes on her, she turns abruptly and yells, "Don't you have something better to do than stare at me like fucking creeps?" Looking in her eyes, guilt replaced the agitation and anger.

"I'm sorry," she says, leaning against his desk for support, "I didn't mean to shout like that."

Payton is the first to break the silence, "Are you sure you're okay, Esme?"

She looked confused but answered anyway, "Yeah, I'm sorry but how do you  know my name and who are you?"

"We heard Mr. Stick-up-his-ass say it when he called you." We did? Hmm. "and my name is Payton." He explains giving her a friendly smile. Jealousy coursed through me for some unknown reason when she returned that smile. Seriously, what the hell is it about her.

Payton starts introducing us to her, "This douche bag next to me is Liam, next to him is Lucas, they are inseparable, next to Lucas is Conner, next to him is Daniel, we call him Danny, and lastly is-"

"James." She says cutting him off.

She must have seen his confusion because she added, "We've already met."

He then turned to me with mock hurt and surprise, "Why didn't you tell us you spoke to suck a beautiful woman."

My eyes snapped towards her when she giggled. God that sound.  All too soon it ended but a shrill ring echoed in the silence. She pulled out her phone and answered with a hello.

She murmurs something I can't hear, and put the phone on the desk, while hurriedly packing her laptop, "I'm so sorry Chris, I forgot." Who the fuck is Chris?

"You forgot?" The voice who I'm guessing is 'Chris' yelled through the phone, "How the fuck could you forget about something like this? And how the hell could you forget about our kids!"

All of us were clenching our fists, we didn't really tolerate disrespect to a woman like that. I know what you're thinking, 'What about the secretary this morning?' but I'm telling you, there's just something about Esme, that makes me want to be real around her and- WAIT...Kids?

Taking the phone off speaker she placed it at her ear and  rolled her eyes, "Watch your tone Christopher. I was babysitting a few kids in detention for Mr. Green. Speaking of which," she glanced at us meeting my heated eyes, before looking away, "You guys can leave now. I'll be home in 15 Chris." With that she hangs up the phone and walks out the door.

I was shaking in my seat, seething really. "Dude what's up?" Lucas asked cautiously.

"Kids?! How the fuck could she have kids! She can't, she's mine!" I yell.

They all flinch, "Chill man, I thought you didn't like her, especially the way you talked about her."

"  She's MINE! I bet it was that Chris person that got her pregnant. It doesn't matter anyways, she's mine." I said calming down a bit, smirking to myself, she's mine, I'll give her the world to see her smile at me the way she did with Payton.

"Tomorrow I want at least one of us with her at all times, I need to know she's safe understood?"

"Yes Boss." Satisfied with my answer, we all leave that classroom, me walking with a little bounce in my step.