ii. the one where percy becomes one with the plumbing

Start from the beginning

She walked out of the Hermes cabin and joined said girl, who was sitting on the porch.

"Remind me to never enter that cabin again," she sighed, exasperated.

"And that is why I sent you in there," Annabeth giggled.

"No, you sent me in there because you were to nervous to see Luke," Ivy teased with a grin.

"Shut up!" Annabeth blushed.

The two girls fell into a comfortable silence, with Annabeth reading a book in ancient greek, and Ivy playing with the flowers near the cabin.

Ivy had zoned out staring at the flowers in front of her when she heard her name being called.

"Annabeth, Ivy," Chiron said, "I have masters' archery class at noon. Would you take Percy from here?"

"Sure, Chiron!", Ivy responded

"Cabin eleven," Chiron told Percy, gesturing towards the doorway. "Make yourself at home."

Ivy watched as Percy seemed to take it all in. His eyes widened with surprise, probably at how many people were in the cabin. The moment all the campers saw Chiron, they bowed respectfully.

"Well, then," Chiron said. "Good luck, Percy. I'll see you at dinner"

With that, he galloped away towards the archery range. Ivy turned back to the doorway, seeing all the eyes on Percy. Sizing him up, it seemed.

"Well?" Annabeth prompted. Ivy could tell by the tone of her voice that she was annoyed. "Go on."

Percy tripped the second he entered the cabin. There were snickers from almost everyone in the cabin, but no one said anything.

Annabeth announced, "Percy Jackson, meet cabin eleven."

"Regular or undetermined?" asked Travis Stoll.

Percy clearly didn't know what to say, so Ivy responded for him, "Undetermined."

Everybody groaned. Ivy was about to say something in his defense when Luke came forward, "Now, now campers. That's what we're here for. Welcome, Percy. You can have that spot on the floor, right over there."

How comfortable.

"This is Luke," Annabeth said. Ivy looked at her and rolled her eyes. She was blushing so hard she could be mistaken for a tomato. Then she saw Percy looking at her and her expression hardened. Man, she really didn't like this kid. "He's your counselor for now."

"For now?" Percy asked

"Your undetermined," Ivy explained patiently. "They don't know what cabin to put you in, so you're here. Cabin eleven takes all newcomers, all visitors"

"Naturally, we would. Hermes, our patron, is the god of travelers." Luke continued Ivy's explanation.

Percy looked at the tiny section of the floor they'd given him, then looked at all the campers. "How long will I be here?"

"Good question," Luke said. "Until you're determined."

"How long will that take?"

The campers all laughed.

"Come on," Annabeth told him. "I'll show you the volleyball court."

"I've already seen it." Percy snapped back