✄┈ 𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

❝𝙏𝙤𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙚, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥.❞

In which; It's Amy Rose's birthday, and she's hosting a murder mystery party on the Mirage Express. And she of course, invited you!

(aka, in another universe where your backstory is the same, except it's more modernized! No Sonic Prime lore included ;P )

-------

The afternoon in the city was quiet, well as quiet as it possibly could be, and you were enjoying it to your fullest. September airs were getting chillier and crisper, yet you couldn't find any comfort in warmer clothes, but you were always like that. You often got rude stares or questioning ones when chillier times approached, but you always shook them off.

Walking down through the streets of the main city, Mobians and humans were mingling throughout the streets. Some stuck to themselves and others traveled in groups, laughing and enjoying their morning. You barley shot any of them glances, only doing so when their loudness was too out of comfort for you and your ears.

You looked both ways before swiftly walking across the street, a boutique straight ahead of you. Slowing down your walk, you reached for the handle to the glass door and let out a long and deep sigh, the stuff you do for Amy. Twisting the knob and opening the door, a gentle breeze followed you into the building, the bell above the door jingling to announce you presence.

Walking inwards and letting the door shut on its own, you approached the counter, watching as the lady shivered at the chilly wind you brought with you. "H-Hello, what may I assist you with?" She shivered, pulling her cardigan close to her body, all the while judging the current outfit you had on. "If you have a pick up, we usually place them by the fitting rooms for you to try on." She also spoke out, leaving you to nod and turn away, finding no more use of the lady. She blinked at this but only sighed, shuffling around to try and bring warmth to herself once more.

The boutique was a sad beige theme, and the fitting rooms were definitely a show on that, not a spot of color anywhere. Turning away from the curtain shut fitting rooms, you looked at a shelf labeled for pick ups, your eyes scanning around. Eventually, you found a box with your name labeled on a piece of tape, bending downwards to grab it.

You pulled it out from its spot on the shelf and dusted the top of the box off, lifting the lid up ever so slightly. The fabric in there was very high quality, you'll give them that, but you were skeptical on if they got your size right. Though you could go into a fitting room and try the outfit on, you were already running on a tight schedule, and you couldn't afford to be late. So, you closed the box and walked to the front, hoping they would have your other accessory there as well.

Placing the box down onto the counter, the woman smiled and snatched the receipt you had in hand, confirming your identity. "Ah, you also have a stylized kasa hat, right? We don't make many of these, but you pitched in a hefty price to have one made." The woman tried to conversate with you as she dug around behind her, eventually pulling out your head wear. "If it's alright, what's the occasion for such wear? Seems like you're about to go hiking." The woman chuckled a little, ringing up your total and smiling brightly at you, politely asking for you to pay up.

Huffing, you brought out the right amount of money plus extra, placing it firmly in her hands before grabbing your clothing. "A Murder Mystery. My role is a wanderer." You said plainly before walking away, giving the woman with no time to react nor give you any money back. It's not like you would've taken it back anyways, you don't like how awkward that is.