𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

After almost two hours of uncontrolled sobbing, he stopped, only little hiccups could be heard as he tried controlling his emotions. The boy had become tired, he hadn't cried like that in years, but he knew he had to be strong for his little brother when he woke up, he had to.

The door to the infirmary opened, and Kaiden glanced in alert, spotting a girl, probably the same age as Percy. The girl stepped closer to the bed, looking at the older boy before looking down at the sleeping boy.

Percy had begun stirring in his sleep, letting out a quiet groan that had caught the attention of the two figures that were in the room. "Where am I?" he asked half asleep.

"You drool when you sleep." The figure stated as Percy let out a confused "huh?" and fell back into his slumber.

"Seriously kid? You drool in your sleep?" Kaiden asked silently to the unknown girl that had appeared in the infirmary.

"Don't call me that. It's Annabeth." The girl, Annabeth, spoke looking at the boy that sat beside the bed.

Kaiden lifted his arms in a "sorry" motion and leaned back on his chair.

"You need to get cheeked up." Annabeth spoke to him in a firm tone that left no room for argument.

"I'm good." He spoke dismissing her completely, expecting her to be on her way.

"It was not a question, you are injured." She pointed at his covered arm that had dry blood soaking it.

"Say what when he wakes up, I'll get checked, okay? Stop bothering me now." He tilted his head while looking at the girl annoyed, the girl stayed silent and walked out of the infirmary.

Kaiden felt bad for snapping at the girl, he knew that in her own weird way she wanted to help him, but he wouldn't, he didn't need it, he was fine. And he wasn't going to leave his little brother alone.

Morning had come, the once gray sky was filled with a bright burning sun

Morning had come, the once gray sky was filled with a bright burning sun. Kaiden hadn't slept, keeping an eye on Percy and his surroundings. Just because Grover said the monsters couldn't enter the camp, it did not mean the people that stayed at the camp were good.

As the sun had begun appearing the boy of the hour had entered the infirmary doors, Grover. Kaiden looked up from his hand that held onto Percy's, hearing the door hinges squeak, seeing the awkward boy walk inside.

Kaiden signaled him to pull a chair and sit. Grover did just that, grabbing one of the chairs and dragging it towards the side of the bed.

"I'm sorr-" Grover began whispering but was cut off.

"Don't. I know but don't." Kaiden turned to the boy who just nodded his head and stayed quiet, waiting for the unconscious boy to wake up.

A few minutes later Percy stirred with a groan, turning his head with a low inhale, and rubbing his eyes.