He felt defeated.

Wonder why.

"I thought you were doing good, Levi. What happened? Why are you out here?"

The boy was weirded out by the constant pity looks. And the sympathy leaking out of them both.

He wasn't used to it.

His parents obviously didn't care about him that much.

So he didn't know necessarily that this is what it should feel like when someone cares.

Honestly, he just thought they were both very emotional people.

"I walked in two minutes early and Coach said I was late. And then I went to detention and Mr Harris threw me out and told me to go to your office."

Their shoulders lifted at his story.

At least he hadn't actually done anything wrong.

"So you weren't really late?"

"No."

"Great. I don't see why you should still be here then. Why don't you just leave a little early hm? I'm sure coach won't notice."

He frowned.

So did Steven.

Stiles wanted him to stay for Jackson.

But then again, what could he do? If he stayed, all he was gonna do was possibly get paralysed.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Thanks, Miss. Sir."

He slowly walked away. Was it the best idea? Should he have stayed?

When he thought Levi was out of earshot, Mr Crawford spun to face Ellen with a creased forehead.

"Why'd you just let him go? We needed to talk to him. Those bruises didn't just appear from nowhere, did they?"

Mrs Ford pursed her lips and took a step closer to him.

"Steve. If he wanted to talk to us, he would've the last time we asked. We can't help everyone."

He scoffed and backed away from her.

"We can at least try. I thought you got that. Obviously I was wrong."

Levi sat on the swings at the park near his house. It was getting dark by now. He rocked himself back and forth, back and forth.

His gaze fell upon two boys, both pathetically failing at hiding from peering eyes. The taller, probably older of the two, handed it's companion something small.

A little plastic bag.

With that, the interaction was over. They drifted off slowly.

Drugs.

The last nerves flowing in the air around him dissipated as he heard his ringtone from his pocket.

Here we go.

"Hello Stiles."

"Levi.  Jackson turned. Erica had a seizure."

This perked the boy up, making him sit up straight. He worried for the girl. No matter how potentially evil she was.

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine. Derek helped her. Where were you? Where are you now?"

Levi chewed on his cheek.

"Um, Mrs Ford sent me home. Sorry I wasn't there. I wanted to be. Seriously."

He heard Stiles say something to someone else quietly.

"Listen. We found out why Jackson is the Kanima. It has something to do with his parents death."

The supernatural world will forever be a mystery to him.

"Okay... So what?"

"We think he'll be going to the rave tomorrow. Do you think you can come? Scott think's you'll be able to sense who's controlling him based of their emotions. We'll pay."

There we go again.

He calls and just expects him to come running.

How he hated the fact that he actually wanted to do it.

He wanted to help him this time. He didn't get a chance earlier today.

"The rave? Yeah, Jackson already asked me. I'll be there."

There was a brief moment of silence.

"Jackson already asked? When?"

"Earlier today. He looked like he was gonna punch me if I said no so..."

Another moment of silence.

He started to realise Stiles was talking to Scott on the other line.

"Um. Yeah. That's good. We have a plan. I'll tell you it later. See you tomorrow."

With that the boy heard the hung up dial, slowly lowering his phone.

Well that was nice.

Wonder what that was about.

Shhh.

My baby is jealous.

Also sorry about this story being so slow but also so rushed at the same time. My romances never go to plan so I don't know what I'm doing

If you have any ideas how to make this better please tell me

Thanks so much for reading !!