00

──────     lover of mine    ──────1

──────     lover of mine ──────
1.00 — Prologue
❝ I wish you could stay here. ❞
____________________________

| ☘︎ |

BLUE, PURPLE, ORANGE . . . every color stood out for the young brunette who filled her canvas, her brush like a feather as she painted her thoughts away. A frown placed upon her brows, Sarah Kate Olsen did her best to focus on the muscles in her hands, rather than hearing what was going on downstairs.

She was used to hearing all the screaming and the sound of shattering glass, hope and dreams.

If there is something Sarah Kate knew, it was that some love just didn't stand a chance to the cruel world they were living in.

Hectic days, time schedules, bad weather, horrible news about another death or a missing person. . . everything showed that the world isn't so perfect and beautiful as some may try to picture it as.

That's why the brunette loved painting. You can let your thoughts go, use the colors as emotions and make up a world where you would want to live in. She loved to make up stories and put them onto a canvas, letting others guess what she meant by it.

"You never cared about me, huh?"

Sarah Kate threw her head back, noticing how they were moving their argument upstairs and she was officially brought back out of her bubble. Her body filled with frustration as she stared at her nearly done painting, watching how the colors were starting to dry. She smiled lightly to herself.

"Don't you twist my words, Maddie!"

The brunette slowly started to clean up her mess, putting all her brushes in a glass of water and collecting the paint. She put them all on her desk in a yellow box, knowing she wasn't going to visit the bathroom any time soon to clean the brushes. One step out of the door and she had to choose sides in who was right and wrong this time.

Little hint: she didn't care.

Sarah Kate dropped herself on her bed, tossing and turning, since her parents' bedroom was right beside hers. She could hear their accusations so clearly, she almost imagined their body language with every dagger throwing out. It was like a screaming match and both were doing a very good job at winning first place.

"You lied to me, again!"

"I didn't lie!"

"Then who the hell is Florence?"

Sarah shook her head, rolling her eyes. Both her parents were so insecure about themselves and their relationship, that they didn't trust one another. The smallest glance of another person in their way, could cause them to throw a fit.