| ︶꒦꒷♡ ᴏʜ ꜱᴏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ɢᴀᴍᴇ...ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴄᴋ!? ♡꒷꒦︶ |

"...Or you can call me 'Tozu' for short."

My jaw dropped to the floor. I could only blink several times in shock. You know what, I'm probably delulu. This is fake! The Ultimate Talent Program doesn't exist! Eden's Garden Academy doesn't exist! I don't exist!!!

"H-Hey, what do you mean 'killing game'!?" Damon was the one who broke the silence. "Did you really think the story would end once we reached the climax of the case? Quite the contrary, this is only the beginning!" Tozu exclaimed. "Of what!?"

"Isn't it obvious? You my dear subordinates..." Tozu looked at each and every single one of us, making eye contact. "...are going to kill each other."

Kai was too stunned to speak...
Wenona wasn't laughing...
Diana was trembling...

"I gave you peasants an incentive. It's not my fault you took it the wrong way." Tozu hummed. "What are you talking about? You lied to us!" Jett cried out. "Lied? Oh no no, absolutely not! I'm a fair man, a man sworn to the truth, and if I recall correctly..."

"This place...you said 'leave this place'. Not 'this academy' or 'go home'... You led us to believe that you were referring to the academy when you were in fact referring to this room." I interjected. "Well said, Ms. Ultimate Lucky Student! I would give you a gold star but that's not how things work around here."

"Y-You sneaky son of a bitch!" Grace spat at him. "Th-That's...your full of shit man!" kai points an accusatory finger at him.

"There you go, losing control of your voice. That's how you know you've lost the argument. Logic is a cowardly thing like that. It'll jump ship the moment it's confronted with a challenge."

Why do I feel like this guy enjoys our misery??? Are all Game Show hosts like this? Do they only care about the content and not the feelings of the participants??? Actually shouldn't there be a contract for this kind of thing? omg what if the acceptance letter WAS the contract!?

"A match between unprepared, unfit players... You could hardly call that a match. In much the same way, this game you've proposed...a 'killing game' between students who don't have the heart to kill... Do you seriously think we'll abandon our morals so quickly?"

eh? what's going on now...?

"What makes you think the people in this room lack the heart to kill? Do you even know anything besides their names and Ultimate Talents? If you do then tell me, regarding killing, where do they stand? Are they okay with murder if it's for the greater good? Are they okay with murder if it guarantee's their survival? Is where they currently stand on the issue the same as where they're willing to stand? Go on, you've gotten a couple hours to get to know everyone. That's plenty of time to learn their life stories, right?"

Tozu approaches Wolfgang with slow, calculated steps...it's actually intimidating how close he is.

"Should I take that as a no? Goodness, what a surprise...Not! You wouldn't be here, all dressed up in that fancy suit, if you were so naive..." Tozu walks back to his original spot. "Oh and one more thing. That trial you just did? That was your preparation for the killing game."

"How? All you did was make us play detective!" Desmond exclaimed.

"And for good reason!" Tozu presses a button and a projection screen drops down...oh my god he had a power point presentation fuck this shit.

"If one of you is killed...the remaining students will participate in the True Class Trial. Your objective here is simple: uncover the culprit, if you can. Using evidence you've gathered during the investigation, you'll will argue who you believe committed the murder. The result will be decided by popular vote, and if you choose the right person... They alone will be executed and the killing game will continue! However, if you choose the wrong person...The guilty party will be set free and the rest of you will be executed instead! Those are the rules of the game. Everyone understand?"

So wait...someone died, survivors do class trial...vote on who's the killer...then if they're right, the murderer is executed, if they're wrong, everyone but the murderer is executed.

God this killing game is so complicated I'd rather die than deal with that shit.

...wait that makes no fucking sense oh my fucking god I am so tired I already used all of my brain cells in the trial I don't care what's happening anymore ughhhh...

"By the way, if no guilty party escapes, the killing game will continue until there are only two students left. You may want to remember that. Or maybe you don't care. It depends on what kind of person you are." The moment Tozu mentioned that, I turn my head slightly so I can see Diana from the corner of my eye... Judging by her body language she doesn't seem too happy about it.

"Most of you will die, no matter what...and yet, with every passing trial...you'll all cling to life more desperately. And that exact mindset is what causes more murders to happen! Aren't these rules simply brilliant? A perfect test of the limits of human compassion? I can't wait to see you all in action! Ahahahaha....! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH—Ack!!"

It happened so quickly I didn't notice Grace leap past us to punch Tozu...a lot. A shit ton holy fuck- "GIRL STOP!!!" I ran up to Grace and pushed her out of the way...the two of us toppling onto the ground. My ears rang as the sound of a gunshot echoed the room.

I look at myself, then Grace...she's bleeding from her cheek. We then heard the sound of a gun, and turn to the source. It was a girl with a weird animal mask and...a gun.

Tozu coughed and wheezed as he slowly got up, "Well, now that you've acquainted with our enforcer, Mara. If any of you kids...try to jeopardize the killing game, such as by attacking me...she'll be there to put an end to your shenanigans. Be grateful that that was a warning shot."

Wolfgang steps up, "Regardless, I finally have an answer to your previous question. You asked me if I knew anything about my friends besides their names and talents. Truthfully, I don't. But I'll continue to trust them as if I do, because they're Ultimates. They are charged with the betterment of society. They've proven themselves to be above simple acts of self-interest...We will not succumb! Even if you trap us, fire guns at us, and force us to endure farcical courtroom procedures!"

...wut?? That's so dumb. My talent is just being lucky how does that help society??? If anything it helps ME because I'M the one with the luck. I wouldn't be surprised if another Lucky Student used their talent for their own selfish desires.

Majority agrees with Wolfgang, Damon and Eva disagree...

One could say I side with Damon and Eva but...I just wanna watch the chaos. I'll do whatever the heck I want...especially if it benefits me.

⇢˚⋆ ✎ ˎˊ- " ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ "
And that's the end of the prologue holy shit I did not expect for this to get reads quickly especially since I made this on a whim. I'll be honest, I had more fun writing the daily life rather than deadly life.

In the meantime, I'll be marking this book as "completed" until Chapter 1 releases.

Also some shameless self promo...teehee

Me and my friend plan to replay Chapter 0 once Chapter 1 releases. If you want to see me play, my gaming channel is in my profile. (I play other games too! Currently I'm posting Limbus Company. Reverse 1999 and some Hoyo Games