| ︶꒦꒷♡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴇꜱ ɪᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ? ♡꒷꒦︶ |

What does it mean to be alive?

Scientifically, there are 8 characteristics of life:

One, it must be made out of cells

Two, it must be able to reproduce

Three, it must be able to metabolize

Four, it can maintain homeostasis

Five, it must be able to inherit genes

Six, it must be able to respond to stimuli

Seven, it must be able to grow and develop

Eight, it must be able to adapt and evolve

Every human being has those characteristics, and if a being doesn't fulfill those 8 requirements, it's not alive.

But that's not the meaning I'm looking for.

The English adjective of the word "alive" is synonymous to a lively person, a person full of energy and passion.

Does that make me not alive then? Dead maybe? Or rather...a living corpse.

Afterall...what the hell am I even doing?

I'm good at everything but not the best at anything.

My social status is mediocre, below the tier of model students but above the tier of the misbehaving students.

My charm status in an average 3 out of 5 since I'm not ugly nor am I pretty enough to make people notice me.

My grades are above average, but I get a bronze medalist award every year.

My passions...only lie on material things like any object that falls within the definition of cute. Fashion, stationary, toys, accessories, you name it.

But what I want to do in life?
What do I want to do when i grow up?

I don't know...

It's ironic right? The girl who's good at everything, can't think of a single career she wants to do in the future. You would think that me being good at everything,would make life easier but it makes life agonizing knowing everyone around you has one thing their good at and I'm good at everything to the point I'm the best at NOTHING-

Ah...seems I got carried away, and I haven't even introduced myself.

My name is Maria Nathalie Satou, people call me "Mari" but that implies I have friends or people close to me. I tell others to call me "Mari" and yet they still call me "Maria"

But I digress...I recently got a letter from Eden's Garden Academy. It's apparently a prestigious academy for people with the best talents in the entire world.

I was so happy. I thought it was my chance to be in the spotlight...only for my hopes to be crushed the moment I saw my ultimate title...

" Ultimate Lucky Student "

I won't deny that it suits me but...

Being able to enter a prestigious school with a lackluster talent makes me want to laugh...

God I want to kill myself.