"Maria, he is that tall. Especially to you, you're tiny."

"Oh, shut up. Listen, I'm gonna get some food and head out."

"Alright, but you're not getting it for free this time."

"Woah, why?"

"Um, because your friends are here, and if you get free stuff I'll feel bad that they're not getting free stuff, but if I give away too much free stuff I'll get fired, and if I get fired the only fun coworker will be Darren. You really wanna be stuck with Darren?"

Maria huffed. "Fine."

"Huff any more and you'll blow my house down."

Maria walked away and to the drinks fridge, where she grabbed a large redbull. She then walked over to Mandi, who was looking at the snacks.

"God, I can't decide," Mandi said.

"Sucks for you," Maria said, grabbing a bag of takis and walking over to the counter.

As she walked past Jake and Johnnie, Johnnie nudged Jake. "Isn't that convenient?" He said, pointing to the bag of takis and can of redbull in her hand.

"Huh?" Jake raised a brow.

"Um, redbull and takis, idiot."

"Oh! Funny coincidence, still don't have a crush on her."

"Sure, man."

"Every time you bring up Maria I'm gonna bring up Mandi."

Johnnie sighed. "Fine."

They all got into Jake's car after paying, Maria instantly putting her headphones on. "What's she listening to?" Jake asked Mandi, figuring Maria wouldn't hear her.

"Probably her own music," Mandi said, "She's trying to be an artists, and she's great at it, but she's super critical of herself, she's constantly listening to her own music picking out every invisible flaw."

Jake practically almost crashed the car. "She makes music?"

"Mhm."

"Oh my god, so do we! You think she'll let us listen?"

"Maybe. Might give her the confidence to actually publish her music."

"She should," Johnnie said.

"You haven't even heard it."

"Right, but look at the way she dresses, you can instantly tell she makes some bomb ass music."

"She'd love to hear you say that. Too bad she can't."

They finally pulled up at Jake and Johnnie's house, Mandi admiring how nice it was. She'd always wanted to buy an actual house for her and Maria, but she figured there'd be too much space for the both of them. They liked their cozy apartment.

When Maria didn't realise they'd pulled the car up and gotten out, Jake walked around the car and opened the door for her, causing her to jump.

"Chill," he said, "Just me. We're here."

Maria got out of the car and Jake closed the door behind her. "Very chivalrous," she said.

"The ladies think of me as a gentleman."

"What ladies?" Johnnie asked, causing Jake to chase him all the way to the door, before they entered the house, the girls following behind him.

"Shit," Maria said, "This place is nice."

Mandi noticed she was slightly yelling and looked over at her friend. "You still have your headphones on."

"Oh."