4. Agents of UNIT

Due to the long absence, here is a sneak peak you could say.... the first 600 words of chapter 4.

Crowley stood, an apron covering his tailored suit as he tortured a hunter, taunting the poor human with empty promises of being set free. The hunter's small gasps of unknowingness brought pleasure to the ticked off demon. The hunter hung spread out suspended by ropes in torn plaid, bloody and bruised. "I'll ask again" Crowley stated civilly "where is The Doctor?" The man said nothing, Crowley rose a knife, the hunter closed his eyes shut awaiting the searing pain but nothing came through but a thunk of the door opening reaching his ears.

Crowley stopped and started twirling the end of the knife on his finger.

"The only reason you should be interrupting me is if you have news about the Doctor," Crowley said in a dangerously silky voice.

"Well, there is news, Crowley," Meg started cautiously "but you might not like it. Don't get too upset." Crowley smiled and turned around to face his second in command. "And what is it?"

Meg smiled and opened her mouth but quickly shut it again followed by a nervous blurt "we-don't-know-where-he-is"

Crowley's temper flared killing the hunter behind him in one swift stroke of the knife.

"The sightings of the Doctor have been inconsistent sir, most sightings of his box have turned out to be incorrect, mainly old police boxes in England"

Crowley let out a sigh, "Then how the blazes am I going to find him?"

☆☆☆

Grey that's how the Earth looked, it was grey, burnt, and flooding with heavy rain, a man stood in the middle of it, footsteps, splashing in the ever-growing water, but the footsteps were not his own nor that of a human.

"So Doc" Dean stated breaking The Doctor out of his dream. "The TARDIS has stopped"

"I'm Sorry" The Doctor apologised

"The TARDIS has materialised, where are we now?"

"Earth, America-ish" The Doctor replied tiredly grabbing his tweed jacket.

"When?" Dean grouchily asked crossing his arms.

"It should be around the time we left" he smiled, "mid-2006 earth years" The Doctor opens up the TARDIS door to a dreary sky and empty streets. "Or London 1984"

"1984?" Dean freaked, "I'm, like, five"

"Mum would have died a few months ago" Sam adds sadly.

The Tower Bridge stood silently next to Big Ben tower, the brick paved streets held desperately parked cars, no smoke billowed, no sound but the wind echoed the empty streets no children laughing, just silence.

The Doctor and the Winchesters trod through the streets of London looking for any sign of life, "you said this was 1984, Doc, so where is everyone? Shouldn't there be people doing eighties stuff?"

The Doctor, Dean and Sam walked several blocks, taking in the absence of humanity. Moss had grown on the buildings near the Thames,

"Maybe there was another plague?" Dean stated silently "something in the water?"

"I don't know" The Doctor replied, "but I'll sonic it just to be sure"

A loud buzzing sound echoed off the empty streets. "Well," said the Doctor adjusting his bowtie "it's not in the –" The Doctors voice trailed off as he noticed Sam and Dean had wandered off.

A little up the side of the bank Sam and Dean had discovered the first sign of human life, or what remained of it. The body had been dead a long while before they arrived, his hair webbed across his blue blotched skin.

"HALT" a voice, cried behind them; by the time they turned around to see the person talking they noticed they were surrounded.

"Sam? Dean?" The Doctor called out searching the side of the Thames.

☆☆☆

2,000 metres west from the Themes in a secret bunker, a man stood, his green military uniform, his raven hair scruffy from the tough times faced. "So; The Doctor has returned." His lips curled into a smile behind his bushy moustache.  

I will upload the rest once I finish, I thought you guess needed something to read. Keep commenting, keep me inspired.