Chapter 38 - Reap, Monster.

Start from the beginning

"They won't find me here," Felicia spoke, unhugging herself.

"What if they do? What if... Danial do?" The reflection grinned, its razor-sharp fangs were an appalling sight to Felicia. She feared. "What about Sarah?"

"Shut up." Felicia tried to silence her corrupt self.

"Reap, Felicia. You haven't done it in months, your heart craves." Provoked the reflection.

"You craved it." She breathed. "Not me."

"We're the same."

"I am not like you!" Along with the forceful yell, Felicia's fists slammed into the glass wall. The bursting particles dug into Felicia's knuckles, and the rest flung to the road. Her breathing became shallow, coming in quick bursts. Her broad chest rose and fell, hyperventilating. She lost her temper, every day being taunted by the dark emphasis, she lost her appetite, her sense of humanity, and even luxury failed to comfort the creator.

The sight of Felicia going haywire caused nearby onlookers to gasp in disbelief, prompting some to hastily scatter.

"Weakling." The voice spoke. However, it never left as much as the troubled creator wanted to. "You're weak, powerless, vulnerable, helpless, passive-"

"Enough!" Felicia formed a knife, aiming at her throat.

Felicia was on the precipice of a desperate getaway. Her frayed mind was a torturous burden, pushing her to the brink of extinction. No one would mourn her absence, the thought of not breathing again was a great solution. She would vanish, a ghost of time, never to be seen again.

If she were dead, who would have even cared?

"Just like that? Seriously you're such a bitch."  Mocked the glitchy voice.

"You won't ever find someone like me, nor even be like me."

"Cut it out, jerk."

As Felicia's hand trembled, she could feel the knife's cold steel slicing through her warm skin, her shaky grip adding pressure to her throat. It did not bother her to stop despite the pain.

"Stop it, asshole. You're going to kill yourself!" The distorted voice yelled, its malfunctioning voice strained Felicia's ears.

Felicia felt a strange connection to the darkness, as if it was intimately tied to her essence. Her twisted mind seemed to unravel, as if a locked gateway had suddenly opened, revealing a serene path. "Were you afraid?"

"Hah?"

"You're afraid if your vessel die, don't you?" Said Felicia, her knife unwavering yet.

"Bullshit, you think you're the only vessel here? You think I need you to survive-"

"Of course, you certainly can locate another vessel. However, it is a challenge to uncover a person who possesses my unique traits and qualities... isn't it?"

The distorted voice silenced itself, as if it finally learned to behave. 

"You will hurt when I am hurt, is that so?" Felicia asked.

Silence.

"You know I can just end myself, willingly. You know immortals could die by killing themselves willingly. Right?" A hint of pride finally tinted her voice.

Silence.

"You could find a new body, a new vessel to live in. But how long does it take to live in a body before you rot?"