Later on, Audrey noticed that her pocket money was increasing. As she gazed at the jewelry her second brother and eldest sister gave her, she fell into deep thought.

...

Chapter 1

As the traffic crawled during the notorious rush hour, Audrey, who had just been hospitalized with a concussion, couldn't help but look visibly pale despite the driver's skillful maneuvers.

Anthea sat beside Audrey, her heart aching as she watched Audrey cover her mouth in discomfort.

Anthea reached out to gently stroke Audrey's back, her expression filled with concern. "We should have heeded the doctor's advice and stayed in the hospital for two more days. This isn't a minor issue. What if there are lingering aftereffects?"

"I'm really fine, Mom," Audrey said, trying to reassure her mother. "Besides, I've already completed all the necessary checkups. But, you know, I just can't stand the smell of disinfectant in the hospital. It makes me feel nauseous."

The smell of disinfectant in the hospital did indeed make her want to throw up, but it wasn't the real reason she insisted on being discharged immediately.

She just didn't dare to stay in the hospital any longer.

She never expected that one day she would experience something as extraordinary as transmigration, and to make it even more surprising, she found herself inside a novel she had just read.

She transmigrated into the body of a minor character from the novel, someone who had been fortunate enough to benefit from her mother's marriage to a wealthy family. For a few years now, she had relished the life of a privileged young lady, enjoying all the comforts and luxuries it had to offer.

Her stepfather treated both her and her mother fairly well. While they weren't particularly close, he was generous and provided them with everything they needed.

If she had just lived quietly without causing any trouble, she would have lived a worry-free life even in the next lifetime.

However, the original host was determined to cause trouble, and her wealthy stepfather's facade made it difficult for her to grasp her true identity. She deluded herself into believing she had become the heiress of the wealthy family and even fantasized about competing with her stepfather's three biological children for the family inheritance.

It's like she has a pig brain that had been caught between the doors. The consequences were easily predictable. Before she could even access the center of power within the Lance family, the eldest brother, the one with real authority, sent her off to Africa.

This unfortunate turn of events also dragged her mother, Anthea, into the mess. After the incident, Anthea insisted on following her daughter wherever she was sent.

As she was not the protagonist of the story, there were no further mentions of the mother-daughter duo in the book after that point. However, the outcome could be easily imagined – lacking any power or ability in that far-off place, the ending was almost certain to be unfavorable.

Audrey's timing for transmigration was rather fortuitous, and she felt relieved secretly.

Before Audrey transmigrated into this body, the original host had learned that her stepsister had entered the family's company and had insisted on going there herself. However, her stepfather had refused, using the excuse that she was still too young. Thus, she caused this whole commotion as a result.

The goal was not to force her step-father to let her work in the company. Instead, she wanted the outside world to know that she was a member of the Lance Family.