Chapter 67: Playing with fire.

Beginne am Anfang

"Why the hell are you here?" Asmodeus asked. "Oh, I don't know.. maybe to make you back the fuck off Iruma." Kiriwo yelled, anger dripping from his face. "You aren't allowed to touch him, only I can!" He laughed, ecstasy on his face. "Hes going to be mine! Fucking mine, okay?! His only purpose on this earth is to make me happy! To make me feel again!" Kiriwo laughed, his face turning absolutely maniacal. He then undressed a few of his buttons on his neck, a weird collar showing, seeming to alarm Asmodeus.

And I still stood there frozen, holding Asmodeus's hand, even if mine was slipping. I then took another step away, my hand gone from his. He stepped in front of me, the palms of his hands emitting bright flames, casting shadows everywhere around us.

Tears dripped from my face, and I wanted to look away, but I couldn't, because I was scared. I was scared what would happen if I looked away, scared for Asmodeus and scared for myself. Kiriwo then stepped towards us, his face completely cold, his smile gone.

"So you choose to be near him.. huh?" He asked me. "Without me you wouldn't even be fucking alive." He said, taking a stap forwards before running at us, trying to strike Asmodeus with the stick again, wich he dodged and then burned Kiriwo's arm away.

The dropped stick set the grass on fire, just like Kiriwo who was yelling on the grass. "You fucking bitch!!" He shouted. "You took Iruma away from me!" He then yelled, while the fire was spreading to the trees. Kiriwo tried to attack again, but Asmodeus just stared at him coldly, making him freeze up.

"Lets get away from this filth." He said to me, grabbing my hand and moving backwards while watching the flames surround his teary face. On his neck was what looked to be a device, wich was falling off from Asmodeus's hit.

We then ran out the woods, making sure to look back at least a few times. When we were completely out we were coughing, unaware that the smoke had entered our lungs at all. Together we walked and stumbled to the door, Opera immediately taking us inside, checking up on us. Grandpa then came out, rushing towards the woods, seeming to use magic to die out the flames.

Opera rushed us on the cough while was still coughing, together with Asmodeus. "What happened?" He hurriedly asked. "Kiriwo!" I said, alarming Opera. "Kiriwo!" I repeated, tears still flowing from my face. Opera looked at Asmodeus, seeming to confirm it really was him.

Opera then quickly hugged the both of us after getting cloths to wipe our faces from the black smudge. It stung in my eyes, making me see even less. I clawed at them, trying to wipe away the smudge myself, Opera having to pushy hands aside so he could prevent more char in my eyes. Eventually me and Asmodeus had cleaned our faces with the cloth, both of us still coughing, although slighter.

Opera served us some cold water, something Asmodeus requested. I immediately drank the entire cup, after all my lungs and throat were burning.

Eventually everything calmed down and grandpa got back from extinguishing the fire. He seemed worried. "What happened?" He asked. Opera replied for us. "Kiriwo."

He said, being back to sitting in the middle of us, his arms wrapped around us. Grandpa nodded, his eyes darkening slightly and smiled. "Im glad everyone is okay." He said, sitting Opposite of us, Opera soon joined him, me and Asmodeus holding hands again.

"So now, what exactly happened?" Opera asked us, seeming worried by the way his ears pointed. "We were going for a walk.. and I looked back and saw something.." I began, coughing a bit from straining my voice. "Then he came behind Asmodeus with a stick to knock him out." I said, the rest of what happened a daze. Opera nodded at me, and Asmodeus continued telling from there. "I burned his stick and hand away, and the stick catched a flame, he tried attacking me again but I burned him, and he dropped his stick." Asmodeus explained. "And so the forest spread fire." He then added at last.

Opera nodded knowingly, grandpa making a conserned face next to him, turning into chibi grandpa. "But you two are alright, right?" Grandpa asked, we both nodded.

"Yeah, but something was off about Kiriwo.." I began. "He never acted like that before, and he had something weird around his neck." I said, looking at Asmodeus. He looked at me, as if I was saying something I wasn't supposed to say.

"What did it look like?" Opera asked. "Like a choker with a weird device on it, it was under his collar, but I think it broke after Asmodeus burned him." I said, with Asmodeus nodding. "It did." He then said.

Opera stayed silent, his ears closely pressed to his head, grandpa also had a weird look on his face. "Whats wrong?" I asked them. I then looked to Asmodeus, but he didn't react.

Whats so wrong with that choker of Kiriwo? What could be so bad about it?

And why is there a crushed choker on our desk?

Are they hiding something from me?

"What really is that choker?" I asked. "And why is there a crushed one on that desk?" I said, pointing.

---

---

---

Hi there!! I can finally upload on time for once- Anyways I have nothing to announce, so thank you so much for reading this!

I hope you had a good time, and I hope the new year is good to you! Mine is pretty okay so far. Anyways have a beautiful week filled with lots of good things!! And ill see you next week!!

--3 January