4

"Come on, baby, play me like a love song
Every time it comes on
I get this sweet desire"

●●●●●
"When everybody knows
It'sclear that you're upset with me
Oh, Oh, Oh,"

Because it's 1963 and there's no Spotify, I'm singing this.

As I dressed for Today, I was twerking and singing in front of the mirror. It's the weekend. Michele and Jean-Pierre are both gone. I let out a sigh. Today, I shall assist my Aunt in the bakery.

I styled my hair and added some hair clips. I wore a jean jacket over my bare shoulders while wearing a sleeveless dress.

I leave the house and climb on my bicycle.

I was cycling along the street when I noticed Dupin, Descamp's best friend, walking ahead of me. I have a crazy idea.
I purposefully use the brake, adjust the path of the wheels towards him, and turn straight, almost colliding but not seriously injuring him.

He sprang out of shock, as if he was about to die.

"Take that!" I said, laughing as I noticed his pallid face.

I didn't think about what I'd done. I got to the bakery and noticed that my auntie was already closing up.

"Sicily, thank goodness you're here. If you didn't come on time.I almost close the bakery. Well, I'm going to get these delivered" gesturing to the basket. "So would you mind watching the bakery for a while?"

"Sure!" I said, nodding.

She grinned as she exited the bakery.

I was the only one here.

I take out a sheet of paper and scribble down my thoughts.

What are my ideas on the guy I should hook up with?

That was really unforeseen.

I instantly recall who the most handsome man on campus is. Jean-Pierre, but he's my cousin, therefore he's off the list.

Perhaps Alain Laubrac?

I see Michele's eyes sparkles anytime she sees him.

Jo...

Shit. Not ever again. Why would I think he's attractive when looking at his face makes me want to puke?

My head shook.

I was thinking on something else when I heard the bell "ting!"

When I look up, it's my cousin, Jean-Pierre.

"Where have you been?"

"At the bar, anything else you like to ask?" he asks.

I remained expressionless.

"Can I go with you?"

"No, young lady," he joked.

I sighed and rolled my eyes.

You'll find me in there sooner or later.

●●●●●

My Monday has been a complete disaster.

Because they wish to attempt it, our subject teacher abruptly informed that we will have groupings in his topic for the upcoming homework. That means I'm not partnered. This batch is intended to be 38, but now that I've awoken from the body of Sicily Magnan, we're 39. I'll be the one who is left out.

I don't mind working alone because it's not fair to assess my colleague if she or he doesn't cooperate or offer their views at all.

"Ms. Magnan, you don't have a partner-"