21. merry and bright.

Start from the beginning

"Yes. Please."

Draco kept his eyes closed, but he could see the smile in her voice on the back of his eyelids. He relaxed, letting her play with the hair at the back of his neck. She kissed his cheek, then kissed a trail to the corner of his mouth. Draco smiled lazily, his mind shutting off as if Evan had flipped the switch.

"I'll be right here when you wake up," she whispered.

"Swear to it," Draco whispered back.

Evan chuckled. "Cross my heart. Hope to die. To my lover I'd never lie." She planted another, firmer kiss on his cheek. His chest imploded with warmth.

"Fucking . . . adorable," he told her, mumbling and relaxing further into the pillow.

"Come here," Evan said suddenly.

"Why?" Draco asked with a laugh, because she had moved over and opened her arms, waiting for him to fill the empty space between them.

"I want to hold you, stubborn ass."

Draco lunged at her, barreling into her and stuffing his face into her neck. He breathed deeply. Even after fucking like animals and getting all sweaty, his Evangeline still smelled of vanilla and spice.

Within mere moments, Draco faded off into peaceful, slumbering dreams. Even unconscious, Draco knew that she was there.

- - -

"WAKE UP D, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!"

Who the fuck is yelling?

His babygirl was yelling. She was shrieking at Draco, pulling on his arm.

"Hm?!" Draco exclaimed in alarm, his head shooting up from the pillow.

"Wake upppp!!!"

Draco blinked rapidly, trying to adjust to consciousness. It was less of an adjustment and more of a harsh shock, a bombardment of light and sounds and a pretty little hand that was pulling his shoulder relentlessly.

"Okay, okay, for fuck's sake, I'm up," Draco grumbled irritably.

He sat up, rubbing his face. When he fully opened his eyes, his vision unblurring, Draco nearly fell apart at the sheer cuteness of Evangeline Blackwood.

She was wide eyed and perky, sitting on his bed cross-legged, her back erect. She was wearing his Quidditch sweater, black leggings, and red and white striped fluffy socks that looked far too big on her feet. She raised her eyebrows, looking at Draco expectantly.

Draco busted out laughing, because goddamn her.

"I thought you hated Christmas," Draco laughed, pouting at her because she was so adorable, she was going to make his chest burst—she'd have to hose him off the walls.

"Stop making fun of me! Santa Claus came and he's forgiven me of my transgressions, so come on!" Evan shrieked, yet again gripping his arm and yanking him up. Draco groaned and nearly flopped back down onto the mattress, but then she gave him a hard yank, pulling him entirely to the edge of the bed. He laughed and sat up.

Evan watched him as he got dressed. He dressed himself hilariously slowly, just to fuck with her.

"DRACO!" she shrieked out in actual irritation, because he was pulling on his trousers with elderly-like care.

"EVAN!" he exclaimed in a mock, laughing again.

When they went downstairs, Evan took the stairs two at a time. She slowed down when they reached the common room, gripping Draco's hand and guiding him over to the couch.