And So It Begins

A/N: Hey, everyone! This is my second book and of course it's all about our favorite Potions Master. This story will follow him from his early days as a Death Eater through the death of the Potters and swearing his loyalty to Dumbledore. I've always wanted to see the whole journey from his POV, so this story will explore his metamorphosis from a bullied teen to a powerful wizard who catches the attention of the Dark Lord. I think it will be interesting to see how he builds confidence and skill and is finally appreciated for his brilliant mind and immense talent, only to be overwhelmed with guilt, anger, and devastation when his own actions cause the death of the only person he's ever loved. I'm excited to see what you all think. And don't worry.  There's a new OC for Sev to play with and plenty of smut. This is a darker, moodier Severus and is fairly different from my first book. It will definitely be shorter. Haha! I hope you love it as much as you loved The Potions Master and the Ravenclaw. 

...

Severus Snape stared dispassionately at his own reflection in the mirror as he carefully tied his cravat.

"Come back to bed, Severus."

"You've extracted your pound of flesh from me, Lottie. You've had quite enough," he replied coldly.

Snape turned to pick up his frock coat from the end of the bed.

"Are you sure I can't tempt you?" Charlotte was sitting up in the bed and she fixed a pretty pout on her red lips, pulling the blankets down to reveal her ample breast.

Snape huffed sardonically through his long, hooked nose. "You don't even like me, Lottie."

His eyes lingered for a moment on her exposed skin, then he turned away, shrugging on his coat.

"Of course I like you, Severus. Parts of you, anyway."

Snape scoffed. "One part of me, at least."

"It is particularly impressive."

"You flatter to deceive," he said, disdain dripping like honey from his low, rich voice.

His fingers nimbly worked to fasten the buttons of his garment.

"Please? Spend the night with me," she begged coquettishly.

"You're embarrassing yourself." He'd finished with the buttons and he moved away from the mirror, not wishing to look at himself any longer than necessary.

She made a flirty little sound of protest at his bitter tone. "Don't act like it's such a chore, Severus. I don't hear you complaining when you're lying on top of me."

"I'll concede that you are a pleasant distraction."

She was actually a damn sight more than that, but he'd never admit it to her. No, he would protect his own heart at all costs. Loving only led to pain.

"You're so mean, Severus," Charlotte said, poking out her lip and crossing her arms across her chest.

"I've never claimed to be otherwise," he drawled, sitting on the edge of the bed with his back to her and pulling on his boots. "Come now, Lottie. Our arrangement is satisfactory just as it is. Don't muddy the waters."

She glared at him.

"Where the hell is my cloak?" Snape grumbled.

She pointed to the floor, a petulant expression on her face.

"Stop sulking. It's beneath you." He bent to retrieve it, then stood and draped it over his shoulders. "And let's not pretend you actually have feelings."

He regarded the woman in the bed for a moment.

Charlotte Wynters.

She was cold and calculating, but exceedingly beautiful. Her long blonde curls framed a lovely heart shaped face with delicate features. Sapphire blue eyes stared through him. She was all perfume and curves and soft, porcelain skin and he was briefly tempted to take her again.