Chapter 3: Death Comes to All

After Claude's death, Sebastian became depressed and lonely. Harming ones own body was unusual and unheard of in this time. Once the Church found out about Sebastian injuring himself they began to become paranoid. They though Sebastian was possessed by a demon, but that was obviously not the case. They would tie him down and almost drown him with holy liquids, believing that the 'demon' would leave his body. Sadly, all they were doing was changing a little boy into a cruel monster. One day, Sebastian was allowed to go into the forest for some fresh air. As he looked around he noticed a pond near a secluded area. He walked towards it in wonder and amazement." This wasn't here last time I came to the forest..." Sebastian said aloud to himself. Suddenly, the crystal clear pond diluted into a black inky substance." You, who has been defiled and wronged by the Church...do you know what I am?" A deep and malevolent sounding voice said. A towering figure dressed in a black cloak arose from the inky pond. Sebastian fell back on his rear and shook a bit." A...a demon..." He said in a panicky voice. Stuttering like a 5 year old. The man chuckled." Why yes. Smart boy you are. Do you know why I am here?" He asked. Sebastian shook his head no." I am here to offer you something. Something very valuable that I have rarely offered any mortal." The demon said and smiled with sharp fangs." I offer you...your loved one. Claude I believe. He accepted my gift on the verge of his death." The demon said and noticed Sebastian's curious look." I see I have caught your interest. Very well then. If you accept my gift, Claude and yourself will be together for eternity. If you deny my gift...the church will surely down you with holy water some day soon. Now...choose." The demon demanded. His voice dark, deep and demanding. Sebastian swallowed then stood." I agree to your terms!!" He shouted at the demon. The demon chuckled then soon Sebastian screamed loudly in pain. His young body felt his teeth grow into fangs, midnight black wings ripped through the skin of his back. His nails turned black and he felt his eyes burn. The demon chuckled evilly then soon vanished, leaving Sebastian to his changes.