O N E

A/n: CONTAINS MENTIONS OF BLOOD, GUNS, AND MAY HAVE OTHER MATURE THEMES. IF YOU DONT LIKE THOSE, CLICK OFF NOW.

If you can handle it, enjoy :)

K E L L Y

the aftermath of what happened in raccoon city feels like all a nightmare that became real. claire became a mother to sherry, leon returned to his government job, and the only thing changed for me is the same empty loneliness I got after my mom was infected. I can't ever get rid of the memory of my teenage self aiming my gun at my mom's head and pulling the trigger while streaming tears down my face. of course, the story of how it happened is for another time. In a normal reality, strolling in the forest at night alone is called 'weird'. however, after a traumtizing start to my teen life and the infected increasing, it's not so bad.

I kept my handgun in my pocket strapped around my denim skinny jeans. I snap branches in half beneath my feet, crunched dead leaves that fell from the old trees. I follow the trail of rocks, disgusting water with a bloody deer next to it. when I push through the crowded bushes, I stumble upon an old house, dirty barrels, garden tools, wood pickets sticking out of the ground. all of a sudden, I hear gunshots coming from upstairs and I pull out my weapon to secure myself, such as checking my surroundings. "jesus." I mumble as I explore through the cluttered house until I found the dead officer lying on the ground. blood was stained into his badge, nasty smells lurking from the kitchen with cut up rats and a cursed man's neck snapped.

It reminded me of the man leon and I met before he turned into a monster at the station. It isn't the most pleasent sight but what can you do?

"hello?" I call out. "Is anyone-" a palm is pressed over my mouth. the person behind leads me to a room and shuts the door with a latch to lock us in. I elbow him in his gut and point my gun at him, making him surrender his hands in the air. It takes me a moment to realize it's the man I fell for when raccoon city went to hell. even if his mind was clearly for another woman who only played with his heart like a villain.

"leon?" I say as I slowly lower pistol to put back in my slot. "what the hell are you doing here?"

"I can ask you the same question, kells."

my heart melted. I haven't heard that nickname in a long time.

"well I asked first." he rolls his eyes, "charming as always." he raises his two fingers up to his ear. "roost, this is Condor One. the president's daughter -- baby eagle. It's likely she's in this village.."

I lean my back against the wall, my foot as well along with my arms crossed. as I listen to him do his secret agent role, a piece of wood is broken through the door and golden light shines through.

"I'll let myself out!" he announces and jumps through the shattering glass window, lands like he's some fucking superhero.

"come on, this way!" he shouts. I hop out after him, only to cause one of the little glass shards leave a scratch on my bicep. leon hands me a can of first aid spray which I take to drizzle over my new battle scar. "did you pull that one out of your ass?" once again, I receive an eye roll in reply and I smirk.

"your eyes are going to roll to the back of your head, kennedy. are you annoyed to have a sexy, badass woman interrupting your mission?" I tease.

"you sound like ada."

"I'm honored."

It shouldn't be a surprise to run into him but I was. I'm conflicted to whether be happy or angry. the last thing he told me that he'd see me again and I didn't, for six years up till now. I guess I'm relieved he's still alive.

so will my feelings if they start to become less numb like they've been.

we safely escaped the hunter's lodge, following the trail of blood across the bridge. we check for any extra materials along the way until we reach the light of day past the rocks and destroyed pieces of wood that were built for shelters. 

"get behind me." he orders. "so you can save the day? you're cute, kennedy." I aim my pistol at the man with a pick axe to blow off his kneecap so he'd fall down and I jab him in the neck with my knife so he stops squirming like a worm. he glares at me, but I can see right through his tough, soldier persona.

"don't give me that look. I'm just telling the truth when you try to be the hero." I walk up ahead to push through the giant double doors with leon trailing. "holy shit.." he said. I take the binoculars from him to view another police man hung on a wooden cross, burning in flames.

this going to be one hell of an adventure...