The words are pleading and broken with tears down freckled cheeks. Each word breaks a piece of Katsuki's heart. He's normally hard on the greenett in these moments, pushing him further because he feels like that's what's best, but not in this moment and Izuku is right, he did tell him he'd take him home and that the choice was his in the end.

"Shh, ok, calm down Deku, it's no good for you, I'll take you home, but you have to promise me that you'll let me be the one to keep up with your therapy, just like we have been."

Izuku nods wiping his eyes.

" Ok, I promise. Thank you Kacchan."

Katsuki rises from his chair.

" Alright, I'm going to go talk to the Dr. and get your discharge papers going so we can get you home."

Before the blonde can make it too far Izuku grabs his hand.

" Y-you're coming back right?"

The words hit the blonde's heart as he sees an almost panic in soft green eyes. He sits down again holding his boyfriend's hand.

" Of course I'm comin' back. No way I'd take off and leave you here if that's what you're thinking. Deku I told you that no matter what came next I'd be here, I meant every damn word. I'm going out in the hall to talk to the nurse at the desk or the Dr if he's there and then I'm coming right back, so take a breath and calm down."

He ruffles green locks when he stands making teary eyes smile before he heads out the door.

Once he's in the hall he's met with his old teacher's dark tired eyes.

" I hear Izuku wants to check out?"

Katsuki clicks his tongue.

"News travels fast huh? That doctor sure has a big fucking mouth and yeah he wants to go home, which is fine, I'll handle him once we're there."

Aizawa nods.

" I'm sure that you will. I hope he doesn't throw in the towel for good though."

The blonde slams a pen down he had to fill out the discharge papers.

" Do you really fucking think I'd let him do that? But this is what I was fucking afraid of, I knew it might set him back and I can't afford for that to happen and being here might do that further, so I'm taking him home."

Aizawa smiles ever so slight at the tense jawline of the blonde who's busy with the paperwork in front of him. He called Katsuki for the job of putting the greenett on his feet and even though there's been a set back he still has no doubt he made the right call.

Once papers are signed and Katsuki helps get the greenett dressed the two are making their way out the hospital doors with the blonde pushing Izuku's chair but as soon as the doors open they are hit with a whirlwind of chaos.

There's reporters covering the sidewalk who push and shove to get up to the shocked green-eyed hero.

" Hero Deku! Is it true that the surgery was not a success?!"

" Is it true that you no longer want to participate in your therapy?!"

" What do you think this will do to your hero career?!"

" Are you pursuing other treatments or are you out of options?!"

Several reports are hovering around Izuku's chair and he's feeling like the walls are closing in. He's shocked and blindsided and feeling embarrassed and tense. He fights to find words, to get his mouth to work. He looks back at the blonde in a panic.