Wᴏᴜʟᴅ Tʜᴀᴛ I

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Claire!" Claire quickly turned around, seeing who the voice belonged to.

"Oh -- Thalia," Claire said, a slight awkwardness to her voice, only having one interaction with the girl she felt anxiety starting to bubble up in her chest.

"How are you? Looking beautiful as always," sultry strung her words together.

Claire suddenly tensed up, feeling awkward, she responded tight-lipped, "I'm -- okay, and how are you?".

Thalia was quick to respond, "I'm alright --".

Claire quickly cut her off, willing to do anything to get out of this conversation, "Well that's nice, I really should get going now," sighing as she walked away.

"No -- no wait!" Thaila said running in front of her, blocking her path toward the woods.

Claire looked up to the sky, exhaling sharply, realizing she was stuck in this conversation.

"So before you cut me off I was going to formally invite you to the bonfire some of the cabins are hosting, Indigo already agreed to go so you won't be alone," she said, reaching out her hand, a piece of paper in her hand.

Claire hesitantly reached out, taking the paper from Thalia.

Looking down at it, then quickly looking back up she gave her a reluctant smile, thanking her quickly.

Now she can finally go see Clarisse.

____________________________________________________

Clarisse had been waiting for what felt like hours. Did Claire stand her up? She huffs, frustrated —she wasted her time. Shes just about to leave but not before she heard grass crunching and heavy breathing.

"Clarisse," Claire says putting her hands on her knees and trying to catch her breath, "I'm sorry, I got held up back at camp and then I knew you'd get mad if I kept you waiting so then I started running but it --"

Her sentence was interrupted by chuckling.

"Are you laughing right now?"Claire says looking up at Clarisse a small smile tainting her face.

"Yeah, it's just, that your face is so red right now," she says folding her arms, using one hand to cover her smile.

Claire touches her face, shes burning up, she looks back at Clarisse, trying to hold back her smile but soon letting it overtake the sour look on her face. Both the girls break into a laughing fit, holding their stomachs laughing so hard, and eventually calming down.

"No, but I am sorry about keeping you waiting. It's just that Thalia stopped me and I tried to get away but she wouldn't leave me alone,"she said while placing her things down.

Clarisse blanked hearing Thalia's name, thinking back to what happened the other day.

"Thalia?" masking her sour expression with a nonchalant one, she asked, "What did she want? She wasn't bothering you was she, just tell me and I'll say something to her, ".

Claire chuckled and smiled at Clairsse, shaking her head before replying, "No she didn't bother me, don't worry." She pulled out the paper Thalia had handed her, giving it to Clarisse.

"She just said she wanted to invite me to this thing some of the cabins were hosting,"

Clarisse inspected the paper, recognizing it, some of the kids from her cabin were talking about it saying she was free to come if she wanted.

Nodding, "Yeah, some kids were talking about this, just mostly excited Chiron and Mr.D won't be there," she laughed handing the paper back to Claire.

"Why are you gonna go?" Clarisse said narrowing her eyes.