The One Where We Stay In Atlantis For One Night (JK)

Start from the beginning

"Let's move it. You heard him."

Rourke's soldiers left and the main crew hopped into their trucks, crossing the bridge to the city to crossing the bridge to the city to follow the Atlanteans who were walking.

Milo rode with Rourke and Helga whilst Vinny was stuck with Mole. From way back, Cookie could be heard singing to Packard who was complaining about his awful voice. Her usual trail of cigarette smoke wafted from the wagon.

Sweet was given the duty of driving Audrey and I over the rickety wooden bridge. The hot molten lava below made me feel queasy. "I can't believe we finally made it," I said, looking straight ahead to avoid looking down. "Me too. I'm ready for some real food," Sweet rubbed the wheel gleefully.

"We know. I can hear your stomach from back here," Audrey mocked which made the others laugh.

Third Person POV

"I'm so excited," Mole clapped with a sinister giggle which made poor Vinny shift aside uncomfortably.

In Rourke's car, Milo couldn't contain his excitement. "Now what's really amazing is that if you deconstructed Latin, you overlaid it with a little Sumerian, throw in a dash of Thessalonian," the linguist tapped his pencil against the journal, "you'd be getting close to their basic grammatical structure.
Or, at least you'd be in the same ballpark..."

"Someone's having a good time,"
Helga commented to Rourke.

"Like a kid at Christmas," Rourke rested his fingers against his temple in a bored manner. Their lack of enthusiasm did not stop Milo from chatting away. He was so wrapped up in the thrill of it all, he didn't even realize that the two in charge weren't listening.

"Commander, there were not supposed to be people down here.
This changes everything," Helga lowered her voice. "This changes nothing," scowled Rourke. "Take that, Mr Harcourt!" Milo bubbled until the scenery silenced him and he hung his body out of the truck in
awe.

The expedition crew were led up a mountainous hilltop to the most majestic castle.

The only explorers to pass through the royal guards and meet the king were Rourke, Helga, Milo, and Madeleine while the others waited outside.

Madeleine's POV

Inside, the king's chamber was just as magnificent as outside. A lavender tapestry hung from the ceiling, reaching from pillar to pillar that had vines crawling up the exterior.

The water-based stone floor was covered with vibrant green moss and blooming pink flowers.
Multicoloured birds flew over the king's throne leisurely. The most eye-catching attraction was the enormous (yet broken) statue that was positioned behind the royal himself.

We passed over the stepping stones towards the king. The royal was seated comfortably in his nook which was sheltered by fabric that had been crafted with Atlantean symbols. The king had a cushion for his feet and a fruit table reserved only for him.

Unveiling herself to be the princess, the woman kneeled down in front of her father out of respect, greeting him in Atlantean. Rourke and Helga stood watching from behind while Milo and I copied the princess and kneeled with our palms pressed firmly together.

"You know the law, Kida. No
outsiders may see the city and live."

"Father, these people may be able to help us."

Pulling out a spare book from his satchel, Milo began to jot down their conversation to be able to understand. I stood on my tiptoes to look. After all, we had only ever read Atlantean, not heard it.