03 - The Second Encounter

To say I had a rough day was an understatement. To say I had the worst day ever... Was probably still an understatement. I frowned as I laid on my stomach while surveyed the city from the top of the Empire State Building. I was mainly hiding. Hoping that Spider-Man would never see me. The heavy downpour going on all around me, made my hiding spot just that much better. The glowing spider that bit me when I was sixteen gave me powers that I could only dream of. Super strength, enhanced senses, boosted agility, night vision, and the ability to light up any area by just making myself glow. It was like living in a fully controllable dream. My contact lenses' UI lit up with an 'Incoming Call' from Glenn. I wore them because one, they hid the real color of my y/c/e, and two because they had AI and everything else needed for an anti-hero gig. "Hey." I said, watching as Spider-Man, obliviously swung by me. It's not like he could see me anyway. Especially the way I was hiding out of sight.

"Hey. So. I found one of his bases. If you get in and get out, boom. Hard drive downloaded before they even know you're there." I could just hear his smirk as he talked. "The best part is. I could cut off the lights and you could still see." Yeah, Glenn knew about my Spider-Duchess gig. "Great. I'm on my way." I told him. He hung up. I just hoped I didn't run into "Undies" As I "fondly" called him. I had met him officially about a week prior. But he couldn't stop me. Especially not when I was so close. So close to avenging my family. Simon Krieger and his company would pay. I frowned thinking about that evil man and made my way towards the next base.

At the base, Glenn led me through the vents into the computer room. He shut off the security system as I made my way to the main office. I dropped down from the vents right in front of the slightly heavy looking door. I was about to turn the curved handle when my hearing picked up on keyboard keys clacking. Someone was already in the room. I tilted my head curiously and jumped back into the vent above the door. "Wait," Glenn spoke into my earpiece. "What are you doing? I told you that you can through the door."

"No, Glenn. There's someone already in there." There was a pause on his end.

"Do you think it could be Spider-Man?"

"No." I replied, making my way to the vent opening above the office. "I'll call you back." I told him. The call clicked off as I focused on the room below me. Standing behind the desk that I needed to get to, was a red haired woman holding a phone to her ear. She was laser focused so I slowly exited the vent and stuck to the ceiling of the office. "Yeah Pete. It looks like she's only looking for these files... Maybe she is. Ok. I'll download them. Call you later." She slid the phone into her leather jacket pocket and stuck a hard drive into the computer. I knew exactly what she was doing. "Hey!" I called to her as I dropped down. She jumped slightly before we made eye contact. "What are you doing little miss red?" I slowly strode in her direction. She took a few steps back. "N- nothing." She seemed scared of me. "Aww. I hope you aren't scared." I jumped onto the computer desk as she stumbled back and fell. "N-no. I just don't like spiders." She stuttered, but her voice with strong with determination. "Hmmm. Well," I darted my eyes in the direction of the computer monitor. The screen said 90 percent. I looked back at my female adversary. She was also looking at the download progress. "So. Got a boyfriend?" I asked referring to the guy she had been talking to previously. Of course it could've just been a situation similar like Glenn and mine. "Why would I ever tell you that?" She threw back. I scoffed.

"'Cause we're both girls. And you look like you need a girl friend. Girl friend." It was her turn to scoff. "Excuse me. You're one to talk. You're copying Spider-Man of all people!"

"I started my gig a month before he started his. So, no. He copied me." There was a beep that sounded from the computer. I looked at the screen again. 100 percent. The female and I made eye contact. But before I could grab the hard drive she did. And she did so fast. She darted for the door, but I did a flip off the desk and landed in front of the door, blocking her path. "Yeah, no. You've got something that now belongs to me." I floor swept her leg, making her trip the yanked the hard drive from her hand with my webs and jumped into the vents. She groaned as she hit the floor. "Sorry girly. Gotta bounce. But, tell Spider-Man I said 'stay out of my way'." She scowled at me. I smirked and began to crawl to the exit window. When I was less than halfway there I heard the girl whisper to herself, "Wait. How did she know I was working with Spider-Man? Better tell..." I didn't hear the rest after that, as I finally exited the building. But I wondered, who was she going to tell?