Chapter 15

"I'm bisexual."
Mitchell had such a stern look to him.
"How did you know you were bi?"

" I knew when I was around fourteen. There was a guy on the junior football league that had caught me staring one day in the locker room. I had these odd feelings about him and his body that I wasn't sure what they were. Soon enough I started reading magazines about men models and eventually I asked around and people thought maybe I could be either gay or bisexual. I still like women, maybe a bit more than men but there are times where I'd like to have fun with men."

I give a slight disgusted smile. "You for sure are weird Mitch. But did you ever tell mom and dad?"

He scoffed and went back to cleaning dishes. "Not a chance. They were Bible thumping Christians who hated the idea of me even buying men's magazines. They almost sent me to a conversion camp. Thankfully I'm a good liar and got myself to close up."

"Great..How am I going to hide my now not relationship with them. Mom already freaked out about hickies on my body; there is no way I can avoid this." I stood up and grabbed an apple from the table.

"Brother you can, just avoid him for a while. If mom and dad ask, say you are best buddies and also mention projects from school."

I nodded in response and made my way to the living room. I sat down on the couch and turned on the T.V., going to my favorite channel. I normally watched scifi movies or shows. Lately I've been watching CSI in my spare time. I watched a few episodes until the doorbell went off. I ignored it as Mitchell yelled for me to answer it. I groaned and got up, instantly regreting doing so as I opened the door and Malachi was standing in the rain.

"Go away." I tried to shut the door but he blocked it with his foot.
"Hey? What's going on? You left and didn't say a word."

"It's nothing alright, now please leave."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why."

Mitchell came up behind me and looked outside. "Bro what's going on?"

Malachi smiled and held out his hand. "Malachi, a school friend."

"Ah, well come in, it's way too wet outside." Mitchell had a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Thanks." Malachi walked past me and took off his jacket, hanging it on the hook.

"We are about to eat dinner so why don't you join us. I made stuffed pepper soup." Mitchell ran his hand through his hair and smiled.

Please tell me he wasn't flirting with him in front of me. "Ok well I'm going to go now."

"Wait please let me talk." Malachi was persistent.

"Fine, come with me." I escorted him upstairs into my bedroom which should've been a red flag on it's own.

"Tell me what you need to say and then leave. I don't want you here."

Malachi shut the door and immediately closed the distance between us. His lips meshed with mine and part of me enjoyed it. I pulled back and slapped him across the face. "Don't ever do that again!"

"What the! What's going on?"

"Don't even talk to me. You decided that...nevermind."

Malachi got close again but didn't touch me. "Whatever I did, I'm sorry. I just wish you would tell me."

Maybe it is best I tell him, right? I sighed.
"I overheard you talking to a girl on the phone and it made me feel like I'm just a toy you can play with whenever you're bored. I opened up to you about my feelings and you made me feel like they didn't matter."

"Luca, I told you that what we have isn't permanent. It's just some fun stuff on the side and that's it."

"Then why come here? Huh! Why show up when I'm not answering your texts or calls?"

Malachi looked confused as he bit at his lower lip in questioning. "I..uh. I don't know. I just felt like I needed answers."

I felt the pain in my chest as I fought the urge to punch him in the face. "I like you Malachi! Okay I said it. I like you and it hurts. I shouldn't like you but I do. Every fiber in my body is on egde when I'm with you, but in a good way."

Malachi clenched his fists as if he was angry.
"It's best we end this and never see each other again."

There it was...that dying flame that burns your entire body in the most painful way ever.