𝟶𝟹2 | 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

A wave of sadness washed over Leonora, the strands of sunlight and the couples actions peaking through the slits between her fingers. Memories of soft kisses she received from Klaus nearly watering tears in her eyes. She had spent months among those who had wronged her, hearing their words of caution about her. Yet, she will continue to bear it all, if it brings Nik back home.

In moments like these, it was when Leonora swallowed down disgusted gulps. Disgusted at herself. Each passing day she watched this mans life, watches his moments of happiness, watches the secret words he softly spoke to the women he adored. All while not knowing that each syllable he wished to only meet his girlfriend's ears, were now reaching Leonora's.

She took her hand away from her hands as the squeaking sound of their lips departing from one another met her ears.

"Oh, god. I can't believe I'm gonna do this." Jenna spoke out, still dazed from the stolen kiss.

"What?" Alaric chuckled out.

"I am totally going to ruin this moment, but I--I have to tell you. Elena recently found out she was adopted, and she's been looking for her birth mother...whose name was Isobel."

Leonora's ears picked up at that, she took steps towards the two - eager to hear more.

Alaric was also baffled. "Isoleb? What, like my wife?" Leonora shook her head at the mans use of 'wife' while talking to his girlfriend. "No, Isobel never had a baby."

"Are you sure? Not before you were together?" Jenna asked.

Alaric, once again denied. Which lead to Jenna revealing a photo of Elena's mother, Isobel. The exact same woman that Alaric had descended to one knee for.

Alaric refused to meet Jenna's eyes. "Ah, she, uh—she never told me. I, uh—I'm gonna go. Yeah, I'm gonna—gonna go."

Leonora followed after the man, witnessing the internal battle Alaric was facing with himself as he strolled throughout the towns square. Eventually, the man took out his mobile and caused for the arrival of Stefan Salvatore.

The invisible time-traveller tilted her head, a saddened expression on her face as she witnessed the Stefan who she initially befriended, the Stefan before his humanity was stripped from him and his brother vanquished his only source of happiness.

"Thanks for meeting me." Alaric said, taking place beside Stefan.

"Jenna told you?" Once receiving a nod of confirmation, Stefan continued on. "So it's true. Your wife Isobel was Elena's birth mother."

"What does Elena know? About everything. About you, your brother." Alaric questioned.

Stefan sighed and crossed his arms. "She knows what I am, and she knows that you know about the vampires."

"Does she know about Damon and Isobel?" Alaric then questioned, peaking Leonora's interest. For, the girl had not known much about the tales of Elena's real birth mother, since she was too wallowed in her own past. Thus, she knew something was about to commence, considering Damon's lack of care towards others emotions and feelings.

"No. I couldn't tell her, not until I was sure." Stefan denied his questions, shaking his head.

Alaric looked down helplessly. "You said you'd help me."

"I asked Damon without saying too much. He doesn't remember."

Alaric took a desperate step foward. "Well, ask him again."

Stefan looked to Alaric with a serious look on his face. "Damon isn't stable right now."

Alaric looked to Stefan with anger. "You know, he murdered my wife, or at the very least made a meal out of her. When has he been stable?"