Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Ch. 30: Hi husband

Anthony nodded, and the guards opened the large doors, letting the warm light of the ballroom wash over him. They were greeted by an ocean of well-dressed people Anthony hardly recognize and a string quartet making the room feel fuller with their grand music. All the chandeliers were bright, shining through the diamonds dripping from their arms that freckled the room with what looked like starlight. More hydrangeas hung from the chairs and there were patches of grass and wildflowers covering the floor among the floor runners as if this wasn't a wedding procession but a secret garden. Anthony could even spot butterflies freely fluttering in the air.

Dante led Anthony to the end of the aisle, underneath the archway in front of the priest. When they arrived at the end, Dante rubbed Anthony's arm and gave him one final nod of confidence. took a step away, without looking away, and took his place on Knox's side of the aisle. Anthony went on autopilot, going through the list of actions he was meant to do.

Turn and accept the staff from Bianca.

Turn around towards the aisle and bow to the coven. Anthony rose, but froze, catching Knox's face and all of Anthony's worries disappeared. Knox simply had to smile, and Anthony knew everything was going to be okay. It was just as Anthony's mother said. Everything went by in a blur. Only a few precious moments stood still, like when Knox stood beside him and nudged his arm, when they kneeled in front of Johanna together and Knox took his hand. Every stolen glance was burned into Anthony's mind while Johanna or the priest spoke. Their vows were simple, pre-planned, and Anthony was just happy anything intelligent came out of his mouth.

"It is now my personal privilege and great joy to be the first one to introduce Knox and Anthony as a newly married couple. Partners in life. You may now kiss your husband," the priest announced, and Knox smiled so widely that Anthony had to catch his breath. Knox touched his cheek as he leaned in for the kiss. Anthony tilted his head, letting Knox's lips find him and they fell into each other like perfect puzzle pieces. The crowd of people applauded, bringing Anthony back to reality.

"Hello, my husband," Knox whispered, leaning in close. Anthony smiled just because he could hear the joy in Knox's voice.

Anthony whispered back, "Hi husband."

Holding their hands together, Anthony and Knox walked back down the aisle, back through the gigantic doors. As they closed behind them, Knox swept Anthony off the ground, holding him tight. The sweetest smell in the world, feeding his happiness. They spun around and Anthony just held onto him, burning the memory of this Knox, this strength into his. That way, if one of his kids asked about his wedding day, he'd actually have an answer.

"You're so quiet," Knox said and sat Anthony back down on the ground. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine," Anthony said and tried working up the courage to speak.

***

A vampire reception was essentially an excuse to party. If they served more than finger food, maybe Anthony could actually spend two seconds with his husband. Anthony knew little about weddings, but he was quickly learning weddings weren't about the couple, but the people attending.

"I've never called myself an introvert," Anthony told Phoebe, who was hanging off Mathew, even resting her cheek on his shoulder like it was any other day. "But I can't wait for this party to be over."

"Excited for a honeymoon?" she teased.

"No. I just..." Anthony stretched his neck around, searching the crowd for Knox and coming up empty. Milan was gone too, and Anthony just had to hope they were together and safe. The ball room holding the reception was twice as large and yet, still felt crammed with vampires. The dance floor sat in the middle and always full and lively while the outskirts were all standing tables and places for the guests to grab crystal glass full of blood.

icon lock

Show your support for Miss Bonnett, and continue reading this story

by Miss Bonnett
@MissBonnett
To save his family from financial ruin, Anthony Ventura, the least de...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 10 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @MissBonnett.