Midway taking his jacket off, Anthony spotted a small crowd entering from a side door, letting the cool air pour inside. In comparison, Knox was underdressed next to their long, flowing dresses and tuxedos. Curiosity got the best of him and Anthony moved for the door, pushing it open. Nobody had bothered locking it.

Waltzing outside, Anthony noticed the field in the back with a gravel path and on the way to a barn were strips of twinkling fairy lights. He noticed a handwritten chalkboard like ones sitting outside cafes that read:

[PRIVATE EVENT: THE WEDDING OF MR. AND MRS. DAVIS]

The door opened behind Anthony and after the crowd of bridesmaids poured out, Knox looked around until they locked eyes. Holding hands out in desperation, Knox asked, "What's going on? I almost had a heart attack." He walked over, taking Anthony's hand just as a devious thought hit Anthony. "You can't just disappear on me like that."

"Sorry, I got curious." Anthony grinned and pulled Knox's arm down the gravel path. He glanced down and there were pink petals among the little rocks. "Come on. Let's crash this wedding."

"What?" Knox did a double take from the store then back to Anthony. "Really?"

"Oh, yeah. Doesn't it sound fun?"

"Well, it does save some money in my wallet."

With a laugh, Anthony pulled harder, an excitement warming up inside of Anthony that had been cold for so long. Closer to the barn, Anthony could hear the roar of the reception and the live band covering the most hype and most basic pop songs. At the door, there was a little white table with place cards and little gift bags. The staff manning the booth smile at them. "Hi, can I get your names?"

Anthony smiled brightly and turned the charm on, letting the magic in the world crackle between them. Seeing right through her, Anthony twisted the air and commanded, "You can find us at the top of the list, and you hope we have a lot of fun." Mesmerizing humans was like holding onto a doll and speaking for it, having them act out whatever Anthony desired.

The girl's eyes flashed red, and her dazed look lasted a moment before she blinked awake and put on the same smile as before. "Right! I see you both at the top," she said and pointed them both inside, handing off little red drink tickets. "I hope you have a lot of fun!"

The first thing Anthony did was pull Knox onto the dance floor, mixing in with the humans with the biggest smile on his face. Despite his smile, Knox shook his head, "You're crazy, you know that?"

"Oh, you've seen me much worse," Anthony joked and gasped, noticing a photo booth in the corner. "We have to do that!"

Anthony dragged Knox all over the party as they took little bites of the food, sipping champagne, and coming up with fake ways they knew the happy couple. They stayed for the bride to throw her bouquet and for the couple to cut their cake. Anthony thought it was a bit mean, but he thought Knox was so funny with how awkward he was around strangers. Any odd interaction caused Knox to stiffen up and fumble over his words. Everyone was so cheerful, which made them all overly friendly. Knox acted like he never carried on a conversation with a stranger in his life once drunk old men started pulling him into hugs.

Wandering back onto the dance floor, Knox leaned against Anthony's back, resting against him, and swaying to the music. He helped Anthony's hips find the rhythm as Knox's big hands held his waist. Anthony didn't have a clue how long they were dancing while Anthony sang along to any song he knew, but the other guests were departing one by one. The crowd dispersed and slowed as night fell.

The band played something sweet and slow with their lead singer sounding like a songbird. Like clockwork, Anthony rested his hand on Knox's arm that held his waist as he let Knox lead with their other hands held up. They fell into a simple waltz as the rainbow disco party lights still painted whoever was still standing. Anthony's eyes drifted to the bride and groom again. The bride rested on her husband's lap, and he just held her, whispering nonstop jokes into her ear, making her redden and laugh.

Looking forward, Anthony realized Knox's attention was on him. He blushed so fast and hot, Anthony worried about scarring. "Why are you staring at me? I can't give you money," he joked when a horrible thought hit him. "Is it my eyes?" Anthony quickly covered his eyes. "Are they red? Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You're so suspicious. No," Knox said and took Anthony's hand back. "It's nothing like that..." He smiled and Anthony's heart jumped up his throat. Knox was always beautiful, but when he smiled like this, like he couldn't be happier, like he liked Anthony the most in the world, he devastated Anthony and now, up close just made it all worse.

Knox said, "I'm just wondering what I should call you."

With a hum, Anthony teased this man. "I've heard of people changing their last name when they get married, but I've never heard of someone changing their first name."

"No," Knox said, glancing down with another laugh. "I mean, I'm wondering if we're the type of couple who would use pet names. You were looking at that couple, but all I wanted was for you to look at me, but when I was about to say your name..."

He spun Anthony out and when he pulled Anthony back in, he had drawn Anthony closer, resting against the side of Anthony's forehead. "And I couldn't stick with one name. Baby. Honey. Sweetheart. I wasn't sure what suited you the best."

"Is it that hard? Do I not fit any of those names?"

"The opposite suits you too much." He grinned, and Anthony smacked his back, inspiring more little puffs of laughter from this man.

"I think you're too much, but I'll answer your question. We're not those types of couples." Anthony found the most comfortable spot on top of Knox's shoulder, practically hugging him. "If you just say my name, that's the happiest I can be. I've spent my whole life waiting for my name to be called, so I'd like to hear you say it as much as possible."

"What do you mean?"

Biting his lip, Anthony wondered if he should take it back or change the subject. Anthony might've felt this way his whole life, but he never said it out loud. He'd never be able to share this with his family, but Knox was different. Knox wasn't just anyone. He was Knox. Anthony's Knox.

"My family is close," Anthony said, his stomach already twisting uncomfortably. "You know that, but I never really—" He tried playing it off as his face just grew hotter and hotter. "It's so silly and childish, but I never came first in my family. Our parents needed to train Dante, and he was their prodigal son, so they put so much time in him. Bianca has always been a handful. Nino started rebelling early, and then the favorite came long, Mathew. I've been told my whole life Mathew took precedence. I've just quietly waited for my turn to matter."

"Anthony," Knox said like they were the only two people in the entire world. He slipped his hand behind Anthony's back, drawing him in as his other hand touched his cheek. "Anthony..." His thumb swiped the top of Anthony's flushed cheek. "You matter to me. I don't stop thinking about you all day and you can call me whatever you like as long as you're calling for me. I'll pick you, but I'd like you to pick me, too."

Anthony knew they met at the right time, despite the circumstances. They met right when Anthony needed Knox when Knox needed Anthony. That alone was a miracle that Anthony would be an idiot to waste.

Anthony couldn't take it. He closed the space between them and kissed him. It was crazy, but Anthony wanted to skip to the end of the week and get married. No, he wanted the after, to already be married, looking for houses, and starting their lives together. Right here, right beside Knox, created a space safer than the roof over his head and more comfortable than a warm bed. And that was just them engaged. Anthony wondered how good it would be if they were married.

"I wish we were already married," he heard Knox say. Anthony perked up, studying Knox's face and unable to hold in his laugh. "I was just thinking the same thing."

Knox hummed in agreement, slowly scattering long, gentle kisses from his lips to his cheek, creeping up to the side of his head. "Let's get out of here."

Smiling, Anthony leaned up to whisper into Knox's ear. "I was thinking the same thing."

Knox held his hand again and Anthony delighted in the way Knox wanted to go everywhere together. With a snap, one bodyguard appeared from the ether and Knox handed them a card to pay off their bills, then together, they rushed back to the car. The entire drive, only the radio made a sound. Unable to talk, he was so anxious, all Anthony could do was sneak glances at Knox and smile while Knox answered by keeping his hand on Anthony's thigh.

It looked like it was time for Knox to keep his promise.