Lamina approached the two, thanking the girl over and over again. Vienna knew Pup—Lamina's mentor; he was a sweet boy, but she knew he wouldn't dare be caught caring for anyone lower than him.

"Why don't you stay over here with us?" Vienna asked the poor girl. Lamina was quiet; everyone knew that, but Vienna wondered if it was only because no one talked to her.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Lamina asked—mainly towards Treech, as she knew he liked having his time alone with Vienna.

Treech, with a mouthful of food, nodded at Lamina, indicating that her presence was more than welcome. Lamina, still a bit shy, found a spot to sit with them, grateful for the unexpected companionship.

As they began to feast on their breakfast, the group went quiet. It was a comfortable silence, one that allowed them to forget the harsh reality that was to come. It was a nice summer day—the Capitol didn't see many of them.

Breaking the quietude, Treech turned his attention back to Vienna, who had hardly touched her food. "Butterfly, you can tell me what's going on," he said, giving her another smile in hopes of getting her to speak up. "It's not like I can tell anyone while I'm stuck in this enclosure." He joked around, hoping it would bring a sense of cheer back to her.

Vienna met his gaze, appreciating the concern in his eyes. She sighed, realizing that Treech could see through the Capitol facade she so often wore. "Yeah, something happened when I got home. It's just... complicated."

Vienna wished she could tell him everything, but she knew if word of her parents got out, it wouldn't end well—she didn't want to put that burden on herself or even Treech.

"You don't have to tell me." Treech paused, observing her standoffish behavior. "But you don't have to go through it alone."

Vienna, touched by Treech's sincerity, managed a grateful smile. "Thanks, Lumberjack. It means more than you know."

"I hate to break up this cute moment, but it seems we have an audience," Lamina finally spoke up as she pointed behind her.

Vienna looked behind the two to find a young boy who looked to be thirteen years old. He watched the trio as they ate—as Treech and Lamina ate, Vienna didn't feel like eating.

"What's his name?" Vienna whispered to Treech as she turned back to face the two.

"Mizzen—his mentor has visited once, but not as much as you have. I think he's a little jealous." Treech made sure to whisper the last part, letting out a little chuckle at the thought of him getting more treatment than others.

Vienna hummed, wondering if the boy was still watching. Once again, she looked past Treech and Lamina, only to find the young boy quickly turning the other way.

"It's okay, Mizzen. Come over here." Vienna spoke softly, inviting the boy over.

Mizzen hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should approach. Vienna noticed, once more calling him over.

Encouraged by Vienna's warm invitation, Mizzen cautiously made his way to the group. Lamina gave him a friendly wave, and Treech greeted him with a nod, offering a small smile.

"Good morning, Mizzen. I'm Vienna!" She greeted her, introducing herself to the apprehensive teen.

"I know who you are," Mizzen stated rather quickly, as if he were embarrassed.

Vienna chuckled at the younger boy before asking, "Oh, do you now?"

Mizzen nodded as he admired the older girl. "Mhm, Treech doesn't shut up about you." He told her, earning a hit on the shoulder from the older boy and a giggle
from the two girls.