FIVE

|

|

Aegon lay sleeping. His eyes were shut, and his breathing was even. The light coming in from the window was shining on his face.

Valeria stared at him quietly, having woke up moments ago. Her first instinct had been to get out of bed and maybe even slam the door to wake him, but then she happened to look over her shoulder at her sleeping husband.

She noted that he looked quite handsome while he slept.

From where she lay, she could see his face. His cheeks were smooth and untouched, yet the light exposed every tiny flaw in his skin. He seemed younger, but she couldn't put her finger on why. She could also see his eyelashes, every little detail of his face, each tiny movement of his brows, the faint smile that graced his lips... and the way some strands of his hair fell over his forehead.

Was she allowed to admire him like so?

Valeria cursed herself, and turned back around and pulled the covers over herself more as she closed her eyes again to sleep. The bed was so much more warmer with a body next to her. And she didn't want to get up just yet.

The longer the morning went by, the warmer Aegon's presence in the bed became.

His breath was silent and even as he laid right next to her- completely still. She could hear the small movements of air when he exhaled, the slight creak of the bed that he caused, the subtle sound of his hair rustling against the pillow... she could feel his warmth against her skin, how it radiated around her like a blanket.

She felt safe. More comfortable than she ever had this whole week.

An hour later, when Valeria woke again, she somehow found the pillow boundary was gone and she was pressed up against Aegon's front. His arm was loose around her waist and his face nuzzled into her hair. She could feel the hardness of his chest and something...else...poking her thigh.

Is that his...?

She gasped and shot up out of bed, so frantic that she fell off and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Ow..." She moaned in pain.

Upon hearing her sudden movements, Aegon also sat up, although, not as frantic and instead yawning and stretching. He looked over to see what had happened only to watch her tumble off the bed.

He laughed. Then he noticed that the barrier she put between them was no more. He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

Valeria laid on the ground, glaring up at him. "Not a word," she warned him.

Aegon had to bite the inside of his lip to contain another burst of laughter. It was hard to take her seriously despite her warnings. But he would obey this one. He looked away from her, pretending to be obedient and ignoring her. He stretched his arms and yawned again.