𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟓

Start from the beginning

"Water. Do you want water?" You ask him alarmed, as expected he doesn't answer instead he just wheezes some more. "I'll get you some water." Upon your return, you see Nanami, sitting a little further back in his chair, his nose slightly scrunched in disgust at the unhygienic man, watching as the employee uses his handkerchief. You slide the plastic cup towards the man, to which he sheepishly nods in gratefulness.

"You know what, how about we end the meeting here?" Nanami suggests. You can see how much the man wants that to happen, as his eyes gleam. He finishes his sips of water, before apologising profusely. He goes to shake Nanami's hand, to which Nanami, retracts and steps back " How about we just stick to verbal salutations instead?". The two of you shoo the man out and now it's just the two of you.

You don't take much notice of it when you take out your phone and start texting Naaila who seems to have been trying to reach you your whole lunch break. You also don't take much notice of Nanami simply just staring at you, watching you return to your seat. " I see you haven't made any notes on the meeting," he says, causing your blood to run cold. You had just managed to get him to tolerate you again, you can not have another slip-up. " It's fine, he wasn't saying anything of much use anyways."

There it is. Something you don't see often on this beautiful man's face. A smile followed his sentence. It immediately alleviates all tension " I felt bad for him when he started coughing." You say, looking away from him.

"Yeah, well don't feel too bad, he just coughed everywhere. The guy didn't even try to cover up." Suddenly, the blond stands, emphasising his height and walks towards a cabinet don't the side, pulling out a surface cleaner and a cloth. You immediately stand to go and clean it yourself to which he dismisses it. 

"No sit." It was almost as if you'd been hypnotised by the way you slowly started to lower yourself back into your chair, eyes glued to him. " You're tired enough as it is." He begins to neatly roll up his sleeves, to avoid any crinkling. His bare arms contract as he wipes the table, moving his arm round and round. His other arm gripping onto a nearby chair for stability, veins making a teasing appearance. It doesn't help when the sun shines on him through his big fat window wall. It doesn't help when you realise that your mouth is hanging open slightly and you look like some deprived woman.

You compose yourself, trying your hardest to recall your morals and explain to yourself why it's inappropriate to be attracted to your boss. With a gruff grunt escaping his lips, the man stands upright and puts the cleaning products back, leaving the table with a sheen layer of shine. One thing that has been on your mind throughout work this past week is the day that the new product will be launched. The event was 3 weeks away and you've never been more confused on how to feel. You were eager to see what it would be like as this one was your first ever, but you were also nervous. You've never been to these things you didn't know what you would do, what you'd have to wear. All you do know is that you are in charge of making the event the best one yet.

It has put a lot of pressure on your mind. You don't want to be known as the new girl who messed everything up. You were quite sour towards Nanami for that, giving you such a great job to do when you were still so new to the company. You hadn't noticed him staring at you deep in thought, that was until he said "What's on your mind?" His voice startles you a bit, causing you to jump slightly.

"Oh nothing." you're lying through your teeth as you actively avoid his gaze by looking at your feet instead, attempting to navigate the delicate balance between professionalism and personal disclosure. He pulls out a chair and moves it next to you, a subtle gesture that feels unexpectedly comforting.

"You can tell me L/N." His gentle approach and the slight softness in his voice seemed to have melted you a little bit. His demeanour is a surprising change to the sternness you've come to associate with him in the workplace.

"I'm just wondering about the launch event. " You look up at him and he seems to look attentive look on his face asking for you to carry on. " I've never been to one, so I don't really know what they're like."

"Well, once the event rolls around you won't have to much. The only major thing that happens is my speech and the product giveaway. All you have to do is solve any minor issues, though I don't think any are gonna happen." he responds. You sigh in relief, not knowing how much more stress you could take.

You smile up at him gratefully, to which he returns. The silence that follows takes an unexpected turn as your gaze lingers on Nanami. Your eyes trace the contours of his jaw, the intensity in his eyes, the precise arrangement of his hair, and the colour of his lips. It's a moment of silent appreciation, an unintentional study of the man in front of you. The air between you becomes charged, the unspoken tension almost visible. 

The quiet is interrupted by your stomach growling. The rush of heat to your face is undeniable, and you move swiftly to recover, excusing yourself with a hint of embarrassment. "I'm just gonna leave, I'll be back in fifteen minutes," you stammer, gathering your purse in a hasty motion. Now you're gone leaving Nanami in the office by himself chuckling.