𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟓

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Kento Nanami's corporate empire flourished under his reign as CEO, casting a formidable shadow over the business realm. Competitors, like timid prey, sought in vain to replicate his success, their feeble attempts only causing tremors of anxiety in the business jungle. Nanami was the undisputed lion, and others dared not challenge his supremacy. He was an idol in the business world, being one of the most successful CEOs in the last decade, that was one of Nanami's many accomplishments. No one could get close to his level, let alone overtake him, no matter what strategy they used.

Therefore, when Nanami agreed to partner up with CoreTech and develop a new product together, all were shaken. This was very new and very different to what he would normally do. Time is ticking and Nanami has never been busier, slipping in and out of meetings and ordering for you to schedule new ones. His lunches are shortened or simply non-existent and his worst; is being forced to work overtime. That pissed him off to the core. This whole partnership had Nanami reconsidering whether he should dot his again. However, this momentum towards the launch of their newest product has caused you to go under too. It's starting to make you wish you kept your old job instead because this was not for the weak.

This afternoon, you're spending your lunch stuck in yet another meeting, having half the mind to just walk out. Though you'd never do such a thing. So there you are, sat with your head in your hands, disinterested staring at the oak table. Carefully inspecting and assessing every grain of the oak table, finding that far more amusing than the words coming out of the man's mouth. You aren't even writing down notes like Nanami asked you to, and he doesn't blame you. He himself wants to end the meeting and go home.

You watch as your fingers spin and twirl the pen in your hands, years of pen twirling in high school caused you to be quite good at it. The employee from CoreTech looks between the two of you nervously, feeling a sense of embarrassment for making the both of you so bored. You counted that he tripped over his sentences around 12 times before you stopped listening. That was 20 minutes ago. The employee watches as you find much more interest in a pen than him, and he notices how Nanami is staring at him blankly, pretending to engage in the conversation. Well, the unilateral conversation. All of this overthinking swirling in his mind and the next thing he knows, he's choking on his words. Quite literally. You lift up your head as you watch the timid man wheeze and cough hazardously, his face humiliatingly red. You and Nanami silently stare at him, not really opting for help, that is until you snap back into reality and realise that he's been coughing for too long.