- 001

2016

Mandi was walking down the streets of LA, on her way to the mall to buy some clothes. This was a routine thing for her. She had a lot of money from YouTube, on which she had ninety thousand subscribers, and also from her rich parents, so she could pay rent for a decent apartment, but as many clothes as she wanted, go anywhere she wanted. Well, not anywhere, most club bouncers didn't believe the 19-year-old when she gave them her fake ID. Maybe it was time to get a more realistic looking one.

She was about to walk into the mall, when she noticed a girl sat on a bench outside. As for her clothes, they were pretty basic, black leggings and a black crop top, but Mandi could tell by her hair that this wasn't the girls usual style, and that she was actually cool. So, being the extrovert she was, she took a seat next to her. She noticed she was using her phone, an iPhone 4.

"Jesus, what year is it?" Mandi joked, "2009?"

The girl looked Mandi up and down. Black skinny jeans, knee high converse and a My Chemical Romance racerback tank top. Her hair wasn't exactly stereotypical for an 'emo', but she still had the side fringe. Her black eye makeup was heavy in comparison to her clear lip gloss. She looked like she'd been pulled straight out of the 2000s, and she was making comments about a phone?

"I could ask you the same question," the girl said, making Mandi laugh. She sounded so out of it, like she wasn't really there. Maybe she was stoned.

"You're funny, I'm Mandi. With an 'i', not a 'y'."

"What?"

"Mandi with an 'i'."

"Right." A cab pulled up in front of the girls, and the other girl stood up, walking over to it without even saying goodbye to Mandi. As the cab drove away, she just shrugged her shoulders, not offended by the girls actions. Some people were just introverted like that.

She walked into the mall, buying quite a lot of stuff and shopping until she was too tired.

Mandi loved her little apartment. Everything was either black, white, pink or green, even her dishes and cutlery. She sat down in her room and made a haul video. She did some editing, but didn't finish it before she got hungry and decided it was time to eat.

For the rest of the night, Mandi sat on the couch, watching (but not really paying attention to) a movie, scrolling through her social media. All night the only thing that was going through her head was the girl she'd spoken to. Why did she seem so out of it? Why was her phone so old? Where was she going in that cab.

She put it down to curiosity. Mandi was a curious person, she wanted to know everything about everyone, but, deep down, she knew it was different with this girl.

 A few days later, Mandi drove her car to Walmart

A few days later, Mandi drove her car to Walmart. She only needed a few things, so she was in and out quickly. When she walked out with her singular bag, she saw the same girl she'd seen jsut a few days ago, in very similar clothes as the last time, but still with that cool hair.