She's alone at the moment, her head down, her shoulders visibly shaking because she's crying so hard. The blonde's heart suddenly hurts, not only for the way he feels but for the woman he knows is just as worried as he is. He pushes past his friends and heads in her direction.

Sitting down quietly next to her he reaches for her hand in silence. Tear-filled green eyes meet his.

" Katsuki, I'm.. I'm getting so worried, I don't understand this."

He takes a deep breath trying to steady himself for her.

"I know Auntie, I'm not sure what's going on yet either but I'm going to bet that nerd you raised is doing fine. He's too stubborn for it to be any other way.", he says forcing a smile.

She squeezes his hand and laughs lightly.

" You're a good boy Katsuki, but you're just as nervous as I am. Ever since you were young, after your quirk manifested, your hands would heat up terribly any time you were upset. Katsuki, I almost need an oven mit to hold your hand right now."

The blonde raises a brow then looks down at their hands. Crimson eyes meet green and they both begin to laugh softly.

Before he can say anything the nurse steps up to them.

" Hero DynaMight, Hero Deku is out of surgery and in recovery. You may come back and see him now.".

His heart leaps into his throat if he could he'd run to that room right now but he shifts his sights to the woman next to him.

" Why don't you go back and see him first."

Inko smiles with relief at just the knowledge her son is out of surgery and obviously alive.

She shakes her head.

" No Katsuki, he'd want to see you right away, that much I know. I trust that you will make sure everything back there is as it should be, I want you to go first."

He nods getting up and following the nurse.

She leads him to the room where Izuku appears to be resting comfortably.

" He's on a lot of pain medication to make sure his pain levels stay comfortable and he's still groggy from the anesthesia so he may be in and out of sleep and not make much sense at times, but he's doing fine.", she smiles at the blonde.

Katsuki isn't in the mood for pleasantries right now though and he wants to know one thing as he takes his seat next to his boyfriend.

" What the hell was taking so long? I was told three and a half hours, it's been seven.", he says quietly but sternly.

Her face goes nervous.

" I'm honestly not sure Mr DynaMight, I'm only his recovery nurse. Dr. Mori will be able to tell you more, he should be in shortly."

Katsuki gives her a slow menacing smile.

" Oh, don't worry, I'll be right here waiting."

She leaves after that not wanting to test the hero any further.

Katsuki sighs taking in the look of his boyfriend fully.

Izuku is a little pale but that's to be expected he thinks. His monitors beep with a steady rhythm and show good stats so that's a relief, but as he watches dark lashes move ever so slightly with sleep he aches to see the green gems they keep hidden.

He takes a scarred hand in his and holds it while he runs a large thumb over the back.

As his thoughts drift suddenly he hears a soft tired voice.