Episode 3: behind walls

After the guard left, the hallway fell into an eerie silence.

"Layla....." I heard rambles.

'It seems he has not gotten over the heroine yet...'

[Noona mode on] (she had used to be the comfort for her friends)

Summoning my courage, I spoke up with all my might.

"H-hey! Your name is Winfred, right...?" Silence swept the room, and an eerie feeling enveloped me.

On the other side of the wall, I heard....

'Silence!'

"Layla...."

'He ignored me! This son of a-' He continued to mumble on and on to himself, the same heroine's name over and over. I, who got transmigrated into this body without any notice, frustration built upon me.

"If you love Layla so much, why don't you just become her dog? Why don't you! Have you no shame? Your pride, and existence have a meaning. Stop wasting that overpowered ability and use it for once! You-" I stopped, not realizing I had been spouting nonsense to the demon king!

'Oh, what have I done now...I'm definitely going to die now...'

I closed my eyes in slight terror as my body hung from the wall.

Silence, once again, delved into the room.

'It almost seems as though the one being pitied is him. Why is he sulking and acting all depressed when he could've got out of here so easily, too...'

"Sigh..." 'I'm too tired for this; I hope this is a dream when I wake up.'

------------------

After a few hours of sleep, I was woken up by the footsteps of the guards once again. The guards came up to my cell and unlocked the door. 'Huh? Already? Am I being executed... but I had a week! No, I can't die like this...

"Wait!-"

The guard held out a hand as I felt the sweat build up on my face. 'No!...' They were taking me....

To the left...the hallway was dark and dreary. I could feel the ominous steps I took as the guards unlocked my shackles and pulled me out to...

To...

'The Demon King's cell?'

"Oh..I'm safe."

"Here," the guards handed me a mop and a broom. The guards' hand pushed me into his cell and locked it right away, leaving me by myself with the Demon King shackled in front of me.

'Holy...but his face was a masterpiece of beauty, radiating perfection with its symmetrical allure—almond-shaped eyes, a straight nose, flawless porcelain skin, and a jawline so sculpted, each detail harmonizing to create an irresistibly captivating visage. Not only that, even in the dark torch-lit cell, his half-naked body was shown hanging with his legs crossed and each part of his abs was defined and highlighted. His arms were shackled to the wall just like mine.'

The Demon King was sleeping peacefully. As I swept his room and mopped the floor, I was ever so slightly staring at his face. 'He would've been a K-pop idol if he'd been born in the 20th century.

"They weren't lying when they said the male leads were perfect-" A sudden pull from behind. I didn't notice my distance between me and the Demon King was so close. His muscled arm pulled me down to his lap, my face ever so close to his nose, our lips almost touched, as the man's deep red ruby eyes stared at mine so intently.

"Layla..." He pushed me away as soon as he realized I wasn't his heroine, Layla. My body knocked on the ground. I looked up at his face, noticing one of the shackles on the wall had been ripped out of the wall. The chain had broken.

'How strong is this man....' I looked terrified as my eyes began to shake at his sudden dark and heavy aura. It was like gravity had pushed me too far down; I was weak, and just his stare alone made me unable to speak nor move an inch of my body. I felt as though my body was about to crush; it got hard to breathe. I tried to gasp for air.

"Sto-stop! Hugh!" My panting became heavy when he suddenly stopped the overflowing insanity that he poured on me. 'This man is not to be messed with, but with only a week left, not knowing if the day had passed or not in this underground vicinity with no windows whatsoever. But I have to take advantage of this opportunity!'

I clenched my ragged shirt and got up.