Episode 7: michievious baby dragon

As the fire spread along the counters, I quickly backed away, realizing the doors were on the other side of the room, providing a chance to escape. In the chaos, the imminent danger triggered a sudden recollection: "The bread!"

The encroaching fire nearly consumed the room, threatening the bread bag. My eyes darted towards it, prompting me to make a daring move. With a swift jump backward, I managed to save the bag, clutching it tightly.

As I sprinted toward the door, a sudden interruption occurred

---

[Quest] The dragon's egg had been accidentally placed with the cartons of eggs in the freezer while being transported!

Task: Save the dragon's egg (god-ranked)

Time limit: 8 minutes

Penalty: No additional rewards

---

[8:00]

[7:59]

"What!?" My salvation was in the freezer about to be engulfed in flames!

"The bag of bread..."

[7:20]

No time to think. I dropped the bag of bread, frantically scanning for a refrigerator. Spotting a tall wooden box in the kitchen's corner, I rushed towards it, almost breaking the handle as I opened the freezer.

Inside were more than a dozen egg cartons.

"How am I supposed to find the egg in all these cartons!?" I shouted in frustration.

Tick! Tock!---

[5:32]

"Only five minutes!?" Anxiety crept over me as I swiftly went through the cartons, lamenting the lack of clues to identify the dragon's egg.

"Hey! At least give me a hint!"

[Users requested denied!]

[4:20]

As I desperately searched, the ticking timer intensified. No differences among the eggs caught my eye.

Tick! Tock!

[3:05]

Three minutes had passed, and every carton revealed identical white, oval eggs.

[2:40]

"Think! Ugh!" I furrowed my brows, sweat mingling with the freezer's cold air. Arms crossed, I racked my brain, recalling an otome game with a dragon and a contract.

"Wait!"

A distant memory surfaced. The demon king made a contract using blood.

'blood! I need blood! But...which egg is the dragon's?'

Time was running out. Panic set in as I bit my thumb, releasing blood droplets.

!!!!

"Oh! How lucky! Now I don't need to worry about the pain."

The blood smudged against my skin, but uncertainty lingered.

"But how do I use this to find the dragon's egg?"

Near the egg cartons, I lifted my thumb, pleading for it to work.

"..."

Shk! Chk! Shk!

Shaking emanated from the cartons. Was it the dragon?

Tumbling through cartons, I located the source.