Chapter 5 Teeth

EMA'S POV

"Everybody out! Go, go, go!" Claire said. The three of us rushed out of the truck and followed Claire and Owen. "The lab!" Claire said. We followed her into the lab, but nobody was there. "They evacuated the island." Claire said. "Wonderful, isn't it?" Someone said. Hoskins. "This is your fault! My Raptors are probably all dead because of you!" I shouted.

All of a sudden, Blue jumped in through a window and cornered Hoskins. "Never mind." I quickly whisper. "Hey, Blue. I- I'm on your side. Yeah?" Hoskins said and held his hand out. Seconds later Blue bit his hand. I'm kind of glad that happened. We all took the opportunity to run. "This way," Claire said and ran to the left. Blue jumped out from a glass wall and tripped over. We ran the other way and had a bit of an advantage from when Blue had tripped.

"Outside!" Owen said. Blue was a few feet behind us, but thankfully Gray pressed a button and a hologram of a Dilophosaurus appeared. I quickly glanced back to see Blue trying to attack the hologram. We kept running until we were stopped by 2 other Velociraptors. Blue quickly came running back, then Delta. "They're all alive." I say as I try and catch my breath. "Yeah, but I'm not so sure that it's a good thing right now." Zach said. We're going to die, I thought. "Blue-" Owen said and held his hand out. Blue snarled before calming down a bit. Owen removed the camera from his head and did the same o the others.

"We've got 'em back." Owen said. The happy moment was then ruined by the loud roar of the Indominus Rex. The Raptors went after the Indominus Rex, but they barely stood a chance. Claire and Owen ran to the right, while Zach, Gray, and I ran to the left and hid in a small gift shop. "Teeth." Gray said. "What?" Zach asks. "Teeth. There's not enough, we need more." I say, finally understanding what Gray had meant.

I opened up the first aid box and take out a flare and a walky-talky. "What're you doing?" Zach asks. "I'll be right back, I've go to go get someone." I say and crawl out of the gift shop. "If you leave, you'll die. You're staying here." Zach says and grabs my arm. "Zach, if you want to stop that thing, then you've got o let me go. It's t-" I stopped speaking once I felt a pair of lips on mine. "Now you can go." Zach said. "You guys are gross!" Gray said and made small gagging noises. "Bye." I say and run past the Raptors and the Indominus.

I reach the T-Rex habitat and call Lowery on the walky-talky "Open gate 9." I say. "What!? Are you crazy?" He replies. "Lowery, do something in your life for once!" I say and throw the walky-talky. I look up at the security camera and say, "Just open the gate!". I wait a few seconds before the gate starts to open. I light the flare and get ready to run. Rexy roars before she starts to chase me. I run back to the visitor center and throw the flare at the Indominus Rex.

"You- What?" Zach asks, obviously confused. "Just hope that this works." I say and watch the T-Rex and I-Rex fight. The Indominus has the upper advantage at the moment, but that was until Blue came out of nowhere and jumped onto the Indominus Rex. The T-Rex got back up and bit into the Indominus, which sent it towards the water. As if on cue, the Mosasaur jumped out of the water and dragged the Indominus Rex down.

"It's gone." Claire said. "Will the park ever re-open?" I ask. "Most likely not." Owen said and watched at Rexy and Blue ran away. "We might just leave the island for the animals." Claire says. "Alright, back into the truck. Remember, don't tell your parents anything, boys. Although, they've probably already found out." Claire said and mumbled the last part.

*The Next Day*

EMA'S POV

The 5 of us stayed at the hotel last night, one of the very few places that didn't get destroyed yesterday. Now, we're at the evacuation center waiting for Zach and Gray's parents. Out of all the Raptors, Blue was the only one that survived. Jurassic World won't be reopening anytime soon, but they're bound to create some sort of a Jurassic World spin-off in the future.

"It's your parents!" Claire said and woke up Gray. I watched as their parents showered them in kisses and hugs. I sat down and sighed, remembering how the Raptors died, trying to save us all. Only Blue survived, but she was badly injured. My thoughts were interrupted by Zach."Hey." He said and sat down next to me. "I guess this is goodbye." He said and held my hand. I slowly nodded, not wanting to face him. "This may be a little late, but I broke up with my girlfriend back home. So, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Yes!" I shouted and wrapped my arms around him. "B- But you're leaving." I say and let go of him. "Don't worry, we can still FaceTime, or text and call each other. And I can visit." He says. "It won't be the same here when you're gone." I say. "And it won't be the same back home without you." He says. "Ema Gordy, I love you and I promise to visit you as soon as possible." He says and lifts my chin up with his index finger. Before I know it, I'm kissing him and Gray is making gagging noises in the background.

"We'll see each other again soon, so I'm not going to say bye. I'll see you later, Zach." I say and hug him. "I'll see you later, Ema." He says before his dad is calling him over. I wave goodbye one last time before they start heading over to the ferry. "He'll be back. Claire can't keep you guys apart." Owen says and pats my back. I simply shrug and watch as the ferry leaves.

3RD PERSON POV

Ema stayed and watched everyone leave on the ferry boats until only Claire, Owen, and herself were left on the island along with the animals. "It's time to go. For good." Owen sighed. Ema followed Owen and Claire to the main entrance and closed the gates. Owen took a large padlock out of a bag and gave it to Ema. She took the padlock and locked the gates. The three of them got into the last ferry and left the park. In the distance the roar of Rexy the T-Rex could be heard. This was the last time Ema would ever set foot on the island- at least that's what she thought.