Chapter 2 Missing

EMA'S POV

I couldn't help but notice that Zach looks really familiar. It was his first time at Jurassic Park, so that couldn't have been it. Maybe I've seen a picture in Claire's office? Oh, wait... Claire has only seen Zach once and that was seven years ago.

"Zach? Do I seem familiar to you?" I ask. "Actually, now that I think about it- you do seem familiar." Zach said.

I thought about it for a while and I could tell that Zach was also thinking. Then- I remembered. "You!" Zach and I both shouted at each other. "You're the boy who spilled the soda all over my dress in Kindergarten!" I said.

"You're the girl who got me in trouble all the time!" He shouted back at me. We stopped shouting and stared at each other for a second before laughing. "And remember when I told on you because you spelled 'cookie' wrong?" Zach nodded and we continued at laughing at how childish and immature we were back then. "Your face was so weird when I spilled the coke!" Zach laughed.

"Alright, what do you guys want to do now?" I asked. "Can we go on the Gyrosphere?" Zach asks. "Sure, follow me." I smile and lead the way.

Once we arrive, we get into the VIP line and get seated almost right away. "You guys are lucky, we have a three seater one." The Gyrosphere operator says.

I notice Zach staring at some girls and a wave of jealousy rushes over me. The girls are smiling and twirling their hair. Can they get any faker than that? And doesn't he have a girlfriend?

I walk past Zach and sit down in one of the seats in the sphere. Gray sits behind me and Zach sits next to me. "Um, are you ok?" He asks me. "I'm doing dandy." I mumble and cross my arms. He shrugs and reaches for the control at the same time I do. "You can drive." I say and look out the window- Well, this whole thing basically is a window, but you get what I mean...

Zach drives at a reasonable pace and we look around for any dinosaurs. There are none to be seen. We go through the entire area and not one dinosaur is to be seen.

As I'm watching the Jimmy Fallon video, a warning message pops up. "Zach, we've got to go back." I say. "Look over there." Zach says and points to a tunnel. "Zach, we've got to go back." I say. "Stop being such a goody goody, we've got VIP passes." He smirks and drives toward the tunnel.

"Zach?" Gray asks. "What?" Zach says, early annoyed. "We need to go back!" Gray complains. I nod my head in agreement. "Look, 4 dinosaurs." Zach says. "5." Gray says.

I look around and count four dinosaurs. How could there be five? "Aren't you supposed to be a genius or something? Look. 1, 2, 3, 4." Zach says pointing to each Ankylosaurus. "Five." Gray slowly says and points to the reflection of a dinosaur that can only be described as the- Indominus Rex. I've heard Simon and Claire talk about it before, but I never knew it was this big...

"Zach, drive!" I shout before he starts to drive past the other Ankylosaurs. The Indominus Rex starts tearing at the other dinosaurs, which gives us a chance to escape. It's not long before it comes back and starts clawing at the sphere. The glass cracks and I'm on the verge of tears along with Gray. Zach seems to be in shock.

So much for listening to Jimmy Fallon's stupid video... 'This glass can survive anything! Even a gun!' Yeah, Jimmy, get your facts straight, because it can't...

I see a pair of claws go straight through the glass. It's less than an inch away from my nose. The claw swipes upward and I get a small cut on my nose. It's nothing major, and it's the least of our worries.

It take out it's claws and flips us upside down. It picks us up in its mouth and slams the sphere against the ground. The glass breaks and I feel a hand unbuckle my seatbelt. The three of us fall to the ground and out of the sphere, while the Indominus Rex still has the sphere in it's bloody mouth. The three of us start running with the beast chasing us. We hear it's roars getting closer and closer.

"We have to jump." I say. We stop at a cliff and I look down to see a body of water. "No way! I'm not jumping!" Gray says. The Indominus Rex is a few yards behind us and I grab Zach and Gray's hands and I jump.

Our bodies hit the cold water and I feel a sharp pain in my upper arm. I see blood flowing out of my arm, but I manage to swim up. Seconds later Gray and Zach surface and we swim to shore. I lay down and catch my breath before standing up.

"Ema, you're arm." Gray says. I look at my right arm and see that I have a scrape about as large as one of those small rubber bouncy balls that they sometimes have a party favors. "We have to keep moving, this is the least of our worries." I say. "It'll take less than a minute." Zach says. "Fine." I mumble. I rip off a piece off my shirt sleeve and wrap it around my scrape. I rip off the other sleeve so that it looks like I'm now wearing a tank top.

"See? Less than a minute. Now we can go." Zach says. I nod and we keep moving.

CLAIRE'S POV (Meanwhile)

I run outside and see Owen about to leave on his bike. "Owen!" I shout. "It's gone, oh my god, Karen is going to kill me." I say.

"Where are your nephews and Ema?" Owen asks. "I don't know, I tried calling them but none of them answered!" I say. "Shit" Owen mumbles. "I'm looking for them. Ema texted me earlier saying that they were at the Gyrosphere." Owen says. I call Vivian and ask if all the Gyrospheres have returned, and sure enough, one hasn't returned. "There's still one sphere missing, I'm coming with you, they're my nephews." I say and get on the bike. "Alright, then let's go." He says and starts driving away.