Chapter One Jailbreak

EMA'S POV

"Trust me." Owen said. I was about to run in and pull him out before the gate closed, but Barry was holding me back. "Owen, you've got to get out of there." Barry said. "Just- Close the gate." Owen said. Barry pushed a button on the control panel, and the gate began closing, leaving Owen with the Velociraptors. They were moving closer to him as he backed up even more. Just as the gate was about to close, he jumped back and rolled under. The Velociraptors jumped at him, only to be hit by the gate.

"Owen, don't ever do that ever again!" I said and hugged him. "Alright, little sis." He says. Yeah, I'm Owen's little sister.

"Marvelous. Can't wait to use 'em." Said Hoskins. I cringed my nose and rolled my eyes at him. "What do you want?" Owen sighs. "A field test." Hoskins smirks. He's been bugging us for months. He wants to use the Velociraptors as weapons.

"Keep waiting, 'cause it's never going to happen." I spat out at him. "Just watch." Hoskins said and walked away to bother someone else.

ZACH'S POV (Meanwhile)

"Call me and send me a picture everyday so that I won't forget what you look like." My girlfriend said. She can sometimes be annoying...

"Zach, come on! You're going to be gone for a week, you aren't leaving to the military!" My dad called from the truck.

"I love you." My girlfriend said. "I- I'll see you later." I said. Awkward, right? I gave her a small hug as she kissed my cheek. I waved to her then climbed into the truck. "I know it hurts, sweetie." My mom joked. "Are you gonna be ok?" My dad said in a baby voice. I rolled my eyes and went on my phone. I buckled myself in and put on my headphones to block out the sound of my little brother, Gray. He could talk about dinosaurs nonstop.

My mom wanted us to spend some time with our Aunt Claire, so Gray suggested that we take a trip to Jurassic World. Aunt Claire is the park operation's manager.

I just want to get this stupid trip over with. Seeing Aunt Claire after 7 years is nice and all, but I really didn't want to go to some stupid theme park.

EMA'S POV

"What's the point of using the Velociraptors as weapons?" I ask. "Hoskins is crazy, all he wants is power." Barry says. I agree with him and go to visit Delta. I say hello to Charlie, Echo, and Blue before I go visit Delta. You're probably wondering who they are. Those are the Velociraptors.

"Hey, Delta." I say and pet her. Her head is sticking out of the contraption that she's locked up in. She can't bite me since her mouth is cuffed. I feel bad, because they're locked up there. They could at least go to their habitat. It's not like they would bite me- I've trained them since they were born. But you never really know what these animals are thinking, this is why we take safety precautions.

I pet Delta's head, but get interrupted when my phone starts ringing. Ugh. It's Claire. Her and my brother don't get along, since there was never a 'Second Date'.

"Hello?" I say.

"Ema! Are you doing anything?"

"I'm with the Velo-"

"Great, so you're free! My nephews are coming to visit and I really have a lot of work to finish. I need you to be their tour guide. Their names are Zach and Gray. Make a sign for them. Oh, and tell Owen to meet me at the new exhibit." Claire says before hanging up.

Wow, Claire is one really big control freak... No wonder there was never a second date.

"Owen, Claire needs you at the new exhibit! I've got to babysit her nephews!" I shout. "Ok!" He shouts back.